Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pistol Crossbow
17 October 2013, 15:28,
RE: Pistol Crossbow
I respect your opinion I own a couple myself but if your talking a shtf situation if someone is after you you would need thousands of hours practice to be able to use it effectively. There are cases of police in the states who do the bare minimum of training fail to used there guns when needed. So unless you can shoot with accuracy under the pressure of being attacked and having to protect your wife and kids. You would be better having something that can provide stopping power
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
17 October 2013, 15:36,
these things are fairly easy to use and as for stopping power it'll go through an insulation board right up to the flights at decent distances, I've fitted it with a red dot sight and it'll shoot where I aim it. its easy to recock and reload, certainly easier than a full sized crossbow. as I say for hunting small game i'll be using a full power air rifle. I don't use anything more powerful than an air rifle as I am not interested in FAC's.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 October 2013, 15:42,
Your correct they have penetration power but not impact. This is why long bows and cross bows had different sorts of heads in medieval time eg horse droppers broad heads. The darts the used today are designed for targets
17 October 2013, 15:45,
if you want to talk longbows you need to speak to Tartar Horde, he's the bow expert on here!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 October 2013, 15:56,
Cool will enjoy that. Does he make them have a guy who lives near me that does beautiful work. Worked at Tewksbury medieval fair the last two years they have some nice kit there
17 October 2013, 16:26,
(17 October 2013, 15:56)PreparednessUK Wrote: Cool will enjoy that. Does he make them have a guy who lives near me that does beautiful work. Worked at Tewksbury medieval fair the last two years they have some nice kit there

yeah, I bought a horsebow off a guy at Shapwick that makes them.
17 October 2013, 20:11,
A short alloy pistol bolt is likely to go straight through flesh at close ranges...unlikely to stop anybody in there tracks unless you hit something essential(pretty unlikely) they will in all likely hood press home there attack.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
18 October 2013, 08:48,
(17 October 2013, 20:11)Midnitemo Wrote: A short alloy pistol bolt is likely to go straight through flesh at close ranges...unlikely to stop anybody in there tracks unless you hit something essential(pretty unlikely) they will in all likely hood press home there attack.

might stop a few and make them pick an easier target, like you say may not stop a determined person.
18 October 2013, 11:12,
mind you, just the fact of having a loaded crossbow pointed at someone-post SHTF of course- might just make a few people change their mind.
18 October 2013, 12:24,
(18 October 2013, 11:12)bigpaul Wrote: mind you, just the fact of having a loaded crossbow pointed at someone-post SHTF of course- might just make a few people change their mind.

If someone had 1 pointed at me, I'd be thinking more along the lines of "F**king hell" rather than "it's alright, it won't do much damage".