Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So if the electricity went off for good ?
29 March 2012, 13:32,
RE: So if the electricity went off for good ?
(29 March 2012, 12:57)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(29 March 2012, 10:06)bigpaul Wrote: maybe NR, but with money being non existent there isnt a lot anyone can do about it, they would have to be happy with a few barter items, or are you suggesting we may go back to the serf idea where we each work for the landlord 2 or 3 days a week and for ourselves the other4?? i think i'd rather bug out and fend for ourselves!

Irrelivant my friend, theres a lot anyone with the title deeds can do, such as legally sieze your home, , Its not us as individuals at risk its our homes at risk, its happened before with the enclosure act where the rich tories just passed a law saying all common land should be enclosed and controlled by the most powerful person in the area, IE rich land owning tories.

Its why for example in JW Rawles book Patriots the main charcter makes sure he sends a cheque recorded delivery to the local council to ensure that six months after the collapse they dont come and steal his farm for none payment of taxes.

Deeds or Taxes its a double edged sword the PTB have to ensure your compliance and some sort of tax or levy is paid by you to them.
yeah but, with what(is what i'm saying)?? if money of any sort is no longer available-what the hell are you supposed to pay with??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 March 2012, 13:41,
(29 March 2012, 13:32)bigpaul Wrote:
(29 March 2012, 10:06)bigpaul Wrote: maybe NR, but with money being non existent there isnt a lot anyone can do about it, they would have to be happy with a few barter items, or are you suggesting we may go back to the serf idea where we each work for the landlord 2 or 3 days a week and for ourselves the other4?? i think i'd rather bug out and fend for ourselves!

Irrelivant my friend, theres a lot anyone with the title deeds can do, such as legally sieze your home, , Its not us as individuals at risk its our homes at risk, its happened before with the enclosure act where the rich tories just passed a law saying all common land should be enclosed and controlled by the most powerful person in the area, IE rich land owning tories.

Its why for example in JW Rawles book Patriots the main charcter makes sure he sends a cheque recorded delivery to the local council to ensure that six months after the collapse they dont come and steal his farm for none payment of taxes.

Deeds or Taxes its a double edged sword the PTB have to ensure your compliance and some sort of tax or levy is paid by you to them.
yeah but, with what(is what i'm saying)?? if money of any sort is no longer available-what the hell are you supposed to pay with??

You work part time for them or you give them part of your crops, or you get a job some place to earn credit that can be paid to them, the bar stewards have got most eventualities covered.

29 March 2012, 14:25,
(29 March 2012, 13:41)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(29 March 2012, 13:32)bigpaul Wrote:

You work part time for them or you give them part of your crops, or you get a job some place to earn credit that can be paid to them, the bar stewards have got most eventualities covered.
yes, thats what i meant by the serf remark. i still think SOME people will be better of Bugging Out and being out of the system. i mean can you see the Chavs and the council house scrotes working for someone even 2 days out of 7 to pay the rent?? cos i cant, they'll just knock him over and kick him in the head.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 March 2012, 14:36,
I think that's where the police and the alike will become like a martial law system. They'll get big scarey dudes to take on the eviction roles in exchange for housing or food or something like that.

Another system of currency will be developed. Maybe it will be the left over cash on the floor or in your wallet. Silver and gold, or just a basic barter system. But history has shown that when a currency debases, devalues, or over-inflates, an alternative is achieved. The same will be true if the financial system collapses. TPTB will create a new financial system.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 March 2012, 14:45,
(29 March 2012, 14:36)Scythe13 Wrote: I think that's where the police and the alike will become like a martial law system. They'll get big scarey dudes to take on the eviction roles in exchange for housing or food or something like that.

Another system of currency will be developed. Maybe it will be the left over cash on the floor or in your wallet. Silver and gold, or just a basic barter system. But history has shown that when a currency debases, devalues, or over-inflates, an alternative is achieved. The same will be true if the financial system collapses. TPTB will create a new financial system.

that all depends on the event! and just how many-if any- of TPTB survive along with the rest of us, we are just ASSUMING that the Police, Army, Politicians and civil servants are all going to survive, but what happens if the event causes a big die off of ALL sections of society, what then?? what if their arent any property developers, landlords, bankers and bailiffs left? then thats a whole new ball game!
29 March 2012, 14:57,
(29 March 2012, 14:45)bigpaul Wrote: that all depends on the event! and just how many-if any- of TPTB survive along with the rest of us, we are just ASSUMING that the Police, Army, Politicians and civil servants are all going to survive, but what happens if the event causes a big die off of ALL sections of society, what then?? what if their arent any property developers, landlords, bankers and bailiffs left? then thats a whole new ball game!

It's a giant power-cut. Enough people know how to make a fire. Check out the London Riots for evidence. So the cold won't wipe them out early on.

I truly believe people will start to band together, like in any other situation where people were facing a 'common enemy'. Obviously there will be rogue elements, but the majority will be very civil for the first few days. By then the police will be organised and all that. Again, they will be alive, because it's only a giant powercut.
29 March 2012, 15:37,
(29 March 2012, 14:57)Scythe13 Wrote:
(29 March 2012, 14:45)bigpaul Wrote: that all depends on the event! and just how many-if any- of TPTB survive along with the rest of us, we are just ASSUMING that the Police, Army, Politicians and civil servants are all going to survive, but what happens if the event causes a big die off of ALL sections of society, what then?? what if their arent any property developers, landlords, bankers and bailiffs left? then thats a whole new ball game!

It's a giant power-cut. Enough people know how to make a fire. Check out the London Riots for evidence. So the cold won't wipe them out early on.

I truly believe people will start to band together, like in any other situation where people were facing a 'common enemy'. Obviously there will be rogue elements, but the majority will be very civil for the first few days. By then the police will be organised and all that. Again, they will be alive, because it's only a giant powercut.
yes, i see your point, but its NOT just a giant powercut, other things will follow, no electric, so no petrol or diesel(electric pumps), no supermarket tills working(electric again) so CASH only-OOPS sorry of course the ATM's wont work either will they? in fact forget supermarkets cos most of the main doors are electric too. lets see: sewerage works will be offline, mains water will be off-mostly electric pumps again, mobile phone masts will be off, no tv that'll upset the plebs wont it? so, ok, it might start with a giantic powercut but soon no fuel, no food, no sewerage treatment, no mains water, i believe you will find that a large dieoff WILL follow in short order.
29 March 2012, 16:03,
(29 March 2012, 15:37)bigpaul Wrote: so, ok, it might start with a giantic powercut but soon no fuel, no food, no sewerage treatment, no mains water, i believe you will find that a large dieoff WILL follow in short order.

Oh, I totally agree with that. I think I misunderstood you mate. I thought you meant the event itself would kill them off.
29 March 2012, 16:42,
(29 March 2012, 16:03)Scythe13 Wrote:
(29 March 2012, 15:37)bigpaul Wrote: so, ok, it might start with a giantic powercut but soon no fuel, no food, no sewerage treatment, no mains water, i believe you will find that a large dieoff WILL follow in short order.

Oh, I totally agree with that. I think I misunderstood you mate. I thought you meant the event itself would kill them off.

well. i suppose if it was winter when the power went off and lots of people had no alternative heating, cooking or lighting that would take some out, a lot of old people die in cold winters WITH electricity but i mainly thought that the" trickle effect" of one thing on top of the other would have an effect.(i've got a list somewhere i wrote out "when the power goes off", must dig it out!)