Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So if the electricity went off for good ?
28 March 2012, 14:08,
RE: So if the electricity went off for good ?
(28 March 2012, 13:52)mikebratcher69 Wrote:
(28 March 2012, 09:30)bigpaul Wrote: i think we could manage for awhile, although our (H.A.)property is all electric we have got alternative heating, lighting & cooking. the one thing that worries me is human waste, just being the 2 of us we can compost it for awhile but its other people thats my worry, i can see huge plastic bags of human waste sprouting from the branches of trees like some people do with dog poo, or great heaps of it in lay by's. i think after a very short while we would Bug Out and opt for total isolation.
Yup thats about what we'd do, see how it went for a short while then maybe bug out somewhere cleaner away from folks...
thats right Mike, let them wallow in their own sh1t, i'm going for total isolation and total secrecy, away from all the dirty beggers(thats beggers with a U!)Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 March 2012, 18:58,
(28 March 2012, 12:12)WetandCold Wrote:
(28 March 2012, 11:38)Prep Girl Wrote: Good scenario NR, and I wish I could get my head round solar power but sadly not Confused

But you don't need to Smile

Would still be nice to have a tech head tho Smile
I did a test at work to see how I learn and as I thought I learn best by doing rather then reading about how to do.

28 March 2012, 20:15,
(28 March 2012, 18:58)Prep Girl Wrote:
(28 March 2012, 11:38)Prep Girl Wrote: Good scenario NR, and I wish I could get my head round solar power but sadly not Confused

I did a test at work to see how I learn and as I thought I learn best by doing rather then reading about how to do.

We all learned to be dependent the hard part is learning to not to be.
28 March 2012, 21:23,
(28 March 2012, 20:15)WetandCold Wrote:
(28 March 2012, 18:58)Prep Girl Wrote:

Indeed!

We all learned to be dependent the hard part is learning to not to be.

29 March 2012, 09:16,
I've never seen the significance of the banks going down. If the electricity went off for good, money would be worthless, barter items would be king. This is one of the reasons I keep on at TOF jnr to learn a many manual skills as possible.
I have been in an excellent position here, water source nearby, septic tank etc. Moving to a flat is going to be difficult. I have to completely rethink my strategy and safeguards.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
29 March 2012, 09:28,
(28 March 2012, 13:45)bigpaul Wrote: we'd have paper records-called Bank Statements.

Get with the times BP, electronic statements. Oh wait....maybe old fashion paper might be a better choice this time.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 March 2012, 09:32,
(29 March 2012, 09:16)TOF Wrote: I've never seen the significance of the banks going down. If the electricity went off for good, money would be worthless, barter items would be king. This is one of the reasons I keep on at TOF jnr to learn a many manual skills as possible.
I have been in an excellent position here, water source nearby, septic tank etc. Moving to a flat is going to be difficult. I have to completely rethink my strategy and safeguards.

The only problem that I and a few others have been troubled with is if say for example we all lose our " Paper monitary " wealth cos all the systems are lost. OK so then everyone is sklint and everyone has lost all their monitary wealth such as salaies, wages, savings, pensions etc.
So most ordinary would shrug our shoulders and start bartering , but theres a problem, In the UK theres plenty of greedy rich capitalists property developers, bankers etc who would equally find out all their millions had also vanished EXCEPT for the paper deeds and land registry docs for every home.

That means they have by simple possession the rights and ownership to your home!!!!, and those greedy bastards will instantly start demanding you start finding a way to pay your mortgage or tenancy agreement. Anmd I reckon the Tax collecting people will do the same.

29 March 2012, 10:06,
(29 March 2012, 09:32)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(29 March 2012, 09:16)TOF Wrote: I've never seen the significance of the banks going down. If the electricity went off for good, money would be worthless, barter items would be king. This is one of the reasons I keep on at TOF jnr to learn a many manual skills as possible.

The only problem that I and a few others have been troubled with is if say for example we all lose our " Paper monitary " wealth cos all the systems are lost. OK so then everyone is sklint and everyone has lost all their monitary wealth such as salaies, wages, savings, pensions etc.
So most ordinary would shrug our shoulders and start bartering , but theres a problem, In the UK theres plenty of greedy rich capitalists property developers, bankers etc who would equally find out all their millions had also vanished EXCEPT for the paper deeds and land registry docs for every home.

That means they have by simple possession the rights and ownership to your home!!!!, and those greedy bastards will instantly start demanding you start finding a way to pay your mortgage or tenancy agreement. Anmd I reckon the Tax collecting people will do the same.
maybe NR, but with money being non existent there isnt a lot anyone can do about it, they would have to be happy with a few barter items, or are you suggesting we may go back to the serf idea where we each work for the landlord 2 or 3 days a week and for ourselves the other4?? i think i'd rather bug out and fend for ourselves!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 March 2012, 12:37,
Pretty hard to collect taxes with a broad head through your chest...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
29 March 2012, 12:57,
(29 March 2012, 10:06)bigpaul Wrote: maybe NR, but with money being non existent there isnt a lot anyone can do about it, they would have to be happy with a few barter items, or are you suggesting we may go back to the serf idea where we each work for the landlord 2 or 3 days a week and for ourselves the other4?? i think i'd rather bug out and fend for ourselves!

Irrelivant my friend, theres a lot anyone with the title deeds can do, such as legally sieze your home, , Its not us as individuals at risk its our homes at risk, its happened before with the enclosure act where the rich tories just passed a law saying all common land should be enclosed and controlled by the most powerful person in the area, IE rich land owning tories.

Its why for example in JW Rawles book Patriots the main charcter makes sure he sends a cheque recorded delivery to the local council to ensure that six months after the collapse they dont come and steal his farm for none payment of taxes.

Deeds or Taxes its a double edged sword the PTB have to ensure your compliance and some sort of tax or levy is paid by you to them.