Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will summer 2012 bring ?
28 March 2012, 10:33,
What will summer 2012 bring ?
What will summer 2012 bring?

Never mind the TEOTAWKI hysteria about December 2012 you should be assessing currently events, trends and forecasts and working out a threat assessment for your family for this summer.

Look at the currents ingredients that are coming together and ask yourselves what happened the last 3 times such ingredients came together in the UK.

1 Weather
It’s warm and getting warmer, and drier just as in 76, 81, 85 and 2011, a long dry summer drives the sheeple to boozing, late night gathering, civil unrest and frequent drunken mob criminality like out of control raves etc.
Add to this the perception by many parts of society that the police are afraid of (A) the Black community, Asian extremists, White estate trash (B) large crowds of rioters etc this may feed the believe that when the long summer nights come the worst aspects of society can get up to serious criminality and the police will hide as they did for much of the riots last summer. Long hot spells of dry weather make people tetchy and short tempered and give the bad guys more time to make trouble.

Water shortages and possible rationing again is increasing friction and if we end up with water bowsers on the streets and queues to get water the same time water companies are announcing high profits is only going to cause even more dissent.

2 Political
Unrest, the unions are itching for a fight, tube drivers, fuel tanker drivers, teachers, civil servants are all obeying their marxist doctrines and trying to destabilise or bring down the government. The more they strike for their own selfish needs the more it impacts on everyone else who lose wages and time staying at home to care for their kids, looking for fuel, trying to just get by etc all made far worse by the militants of the public sector causing as much trouble as possible.

Corruption, nepotism, ineffectiveness, fraud and mismanagement by the big three political parties is killing off what little respect the public have for the government and politicians at large, they are openly insulating themselves from all the bad things that are impacting everyone else, this is infuriating not only the marxist trade unions, but also moderate professional associations and the public at large.

3 Economics
Ordinary decent hard working people and some public sector workers are suffering terribly because of the massive pressures of the recession hit home. Wage freezes, pension cuts, huge tax increases, falling house prices, surging food and fuel costs and made much worse by the clear impression that the rich and influential people who created the financial mess are not being penalised in any meaningful way.

Already I hear that many folks from poorer areas whose only real social pleasure was drinking are getting annoyed that their budget beers, ciders and ales are being made more expensive deliberately by the government, this is just breeding even more resentment.

4 Ethnic and Population issues
Tension towards the criminality and violence being displayed by the black community in many cities, plus hostility towards the Islamic community’s entire presence and negative influence in the UK is at its highest since the mid 80s.
The almost daily reports of black gang members shooting and stabbing people to death in turf arguments, or simply because someone from a different tower block is walking through your neighbourhood is rapidly causing greater hostility and division in the already simmering city centres. Islamic terrorist atrocities and compounded by the governments total unwillingness to address firmly the problems the Islamists bring to the community at large.

Gross overcrowding and housing shortages in many cities is causing problems and instead of reducing the influx of unwanted foreign migrants the government intends to exacerbate the problem by a massive house building program that is going to blight the lives of many indigenous British rural dwellers.

5 Olympics
Bad feeling is already plentiful over the now £12 billion cost of a two week sports event that will only benefit a few dozen sportsmen and some rich property developers, whilst VIPS are treated the 5 star service and luxury millions of Londoners face closed roads, striking or overcrowded trains and buses and massive difficulties in just getting through each day.

I for one will be stocking up on food, fuel and water over the next few weeks and ensuring I won’t go anywhere near any large towns of cities this summer, Oh and if our cities do explode into massive civil unrest the only people I will blame are the politicians of the big three parties.

The prepper and survivalist forums usually go very quiet during the summer months as subconsciously many of us think nothing nasty will happen in the school holidays, I would respectfully suggest this year we keep a slightly closer eye on the news and the forums.
NR

28 March 2012, 11:25,
RE: What will summer 2012 bring ?
It will be interesting to see what unfolds over the next few months, least I have a car now so can move out fast if need be.
28 March 2012, 13:00,
It's a beautiful sunny day today. NR is preaching the end is nigh (and I'm agreeing) and PG has a car, and there's not a cloud in the sky. It's a beautiful day.

Wait a second....there's not been a cloud in the sky (no seriously, not even one that I've seen) since Friday. Even Friday was a pretty cloudless day. I'm sure there's a drought coming, as well as the one already in the SE.

Can I make another recommendation? Suntan lotion!!! Seriously, having all the food and water on earth won't stop cancer. Health and life are kind of key to prepping. Just because we plan for big events, it doesn't allow us to ignore the obvious, seemingly less important/significant dangers.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 March 2012, 10:07,
I think this will be the summer of discontent. I seriously feel things will kick off this summer with more strikes and mass protest.
Failure is NOT an option
29 March 2012, 10:18,
i think all the unions are itching to take on this govt and this summer we will see a huge raft of strikes, i am sure there will be one just as the olympics start, probably tube drivers or bus drivers, i expect another riot or riots will take place again prob in the summer holidays, and now i've got to pay vat on my pasties-as well!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 March 2012, 16:33,
(29 March 2012, 10:18)bigpaul Wrote: i think all the unions are itching to take on this govt and this summer we will see a huge raft of strikes, i am sure there will be one just as the olympics start, probably tube drivers or bus drivers, i expect another riot or riots will take place again prob in the summer holidays, and now i've got to pay vat on my pasties-as well!Tongue

I think an Olympic riot would be an interesting occurence. Afterall, it would just be an outlet of anger and a small 'class war' (I hate that expression) between those that can afford Olympic tickets, and those that cannot.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 March 2012, 18:04,
I agree that we're likely to see more riots this summer, and won't the Olympics provide the perfect excuse.

Other than that I think we'll continue to see prices rising (I really wish I had the space and money to really grow a lot of stuff) and more strikes.

Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
29 March 2012, 18:52,
(29 March 2012, 10:18)bigpaul Wrote: i think all the unions are itching to take on this govt and this summer we will see a huge raft of strikes, i am sure there will be one just as the olympics start, probably tube drivers or bus drivers, i expect another riot or riots will take place again prob in the summer holidays, and now i've got to pay vat on my pasties-as well!Tongue

The trade union untermensch are now planning on striking on good friday at some airports including sanstead.

Doncha just love the hypocracy of these disgusting revolting trade union types, They fight for the wages and conditions of the working class general public and they do this by ruining the travel plans and holidays of other working class general public !!!!

29 March 2012, 18:55,
Bottle of cheap vodka ? Check
Handkerchief ? Check
Lighter ? Check

Bring on the Summer!
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.