Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The sheeple are panicking already over fuel
29 March 2012, 23:17,
RE: The sheeple are panicking already over fuel
i wonder how many preppers have been caught out by this panic buying and did the gov really make a mistake about telling us to buy a little extra ? how much little extra tax have they made us pay in a short time?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
30 March 2012, 08:22,
(29 March 2012, 23:17)grumpy old man Wrote: i wonder how many preppers have been caught out by this panic buying and did the gov really make a mistake about telling us to buy a little extra ? how much little extra tax have they made us pay in a short time?

Fuel sales are up 172% since last Thursday so tax revenue such as fuel duty and VAT must also be up 172 %.

30 March 2012, 12:24,
it said on local news this morning Bideford( the nearest on the coast to us) has run out of fuel this morning.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 March 2012, 13:11,
I was lucky I have petrol stores that I use for my cookers, other night my daughter was rushed to hospital she was kept in, on the way back home me and the wife both bloody tired after being awake 25 hours needed to get fuel but the queues were to long I had to use some of the stored fuel I had at home in order not to delay us getting to and from hospital.

Normally this would not have been a problem as my truck is our back up vehicle and tanked up, but it has a slight problem and so off the road until I get it looked at, I should have put more thought in to my wifes car maybe.

Anyway as we all know this panic buying is the first thing we will see in the supermarkets and all smaller food shops if even a small shtf event happens, or even a misspoken word.
30 March 2012, 13:24,
Three of the four fuel stations tween here and wifes work are out of fuel;!!!, and the strike has not even been called, Listen you lot take not of W & Cs last comments, it would not take much for this nation of retards and sheeple to disintegrate.

30 March 2012, 13:36,
W&C,

I don't see a problem. You had contingency and back up contingency. Something unexpected happened but you got round it with your stores. Now you are considering alternatives.

Sounds perfect to me.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 March 2012, 14:50,
It's off! (the strike that is)

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
30 March 2012, 14:52, (This post was last modified: 30 March 2012, 14:54 by Nemesis.)
(30 March 2012, 13:36)Skean Dhude Wrote: W&C,

I don't see a problem. You had contingency and back up contingency. Something unexpected happened but you got round it with your stores. Now you are considering alternatives.

Sounds perfect to me.

SD I have to admit reading your reply shows me I had it all under control, and still I beat myself up for not having prepped wife’s car or at least exchanged kit from truck to car, I expect too much off myself I think I need to address this flaw in my character.

(30 March 2012, 14:50)TOF Wrote: It's off! (the strike that is)

Ok so now every truck van and car and can has been topped up, next news will be Iran attacked, and the country can carry on moving. Big Grin
30 March 2012, 15:08,
I've not seen one queue round my way, hope your Daughter is ok WnC
30 March 2012, 15:13,
The panic buying was instigated by government ministers advising filling up as soon as possible and also hoarding some in cans. The powers that be then sat back and watched the dress rehearsal, for thats what it was. Even as the minister advised hoarding, the government was announcing that it was to start seriously arming the rebels in Syria to overthrow the government and ultimately an excuse to attack 'a la Libya'.

Iran has a defense pact with Syria and knows full well that after Syria they will become the big target. Iran has stressed time and time again that they will honour their commitment to Syria with the inevitable closure of the strait of Hormuz. And that action will immediately drastically reduce the worlds oil supply.

Since the government have publicly announced ( albeit when everyones attention was on a strike that has not even been called ) their plans for war it became essential that the population were well rehearsed in a fuel shortage scenario. At the same time the various official departments ie. the army, local authorities and government departments could practice their planning and handling of such a crisis.

An added bonus of orchestrated panic buying is that the population now has full tanks of fuel plus some in store, the refineries will be full and the tankers on their way here can offload directly into storage.

That point of course would be an ideal time to instigate war. Wether or not they decide to go for it then is up for debate but they can keep this 'shortage' scenario running for ages all along training the populace to consider a climate of fear and shortage to be 'normal'.