Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Storage technologies
6 September 2011, 09:10,
RE: 4 Storage technologies
All viable options and ones that need to be considered in power generation so you can store the components before an event.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 September 2011, 10:17,
(6 September 2011, 01:37)grumpy old man Wrote: dynamo and a pedal bike and have loads of kids pedaling <snip> guess i'am cluching at staws now?
No, human power is a very viable means of generating electricity that I want to look at sometime. It's suitable for powering something like a radio transmitter (brief periods of ~100W required), unfortunately it really needs two people (one to pedal and one to use the equipment).
The big concern is that in a 'more primitive lifestyle' we're all probably going to be exhausted from a hard days labor every day, too much so to want to add pedelling to generate power into our day.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
20 September 2012, 13:22,
Some interesting stuff on off grid power in this book and how to check and rejuvinate lead acid batteries and if you are patient this site often gives away an E-book for free.

http://www.green-shopping.co.uk/ebooks/p...ition.html

20 September 2012, 14:26,
I just bought the paper version of this book, its really quite interesting.

20 September 2012, 19:38,
Not sure the life expectancy for capacitors is decades. Seem to remember they have a tendency to dry out and this causes a number of problems. I'm sure some tech wizard will put me right on this.
Interesting though that generating electricity is not the hardest part, its storing it that certainly seems to be the biggest issue.
Leon__xx

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least."