Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Union demands 27% hike in driver pay - to £54k
1 April 2012, 18:30,
Union demands 27% hike in driver pay - to £54k
Lifting the lid on dispute over 'health and safety' Union demands 27% hike in driver pay - to £54k

The salary of fuel-tanker drivers will soar 27 per cent to £54,000 if employers give in to the militant Unite union.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...--54k.html
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
1 April 2012, 18:38,
RE: Union demands 27% hike in driver pay - to £54k
how typical, i havent had any use for Unions since the Post Office strike of 69/70, just a load of Marxist bully boys.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 April 2012, 18:45,
Unions will eventually ruin the country and are determined to bring us the Communist state. All the sheeple who support them will eventually regret it, once it is done it will be too late to wail and cry. Kenneth Eames.
1 April 2012, 18:46,
Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking....? Time to learn to drive me a lorry. £54K a year to sit on my bum and take speed on long hauls (oh yes, there's something they don't tell you). I used to work on a very large (Europe's largest) overnight truck stop near Warrington (Poplar 2000). I was talking to a truck driver and he asked me if I had any Wizz. Me being naive thought me wanted to use the toilet to have a pee. But I got talking to him and he explained the thing that truck drivers did. They would up on amphetamines to help them stay awake over the long haul jobs. Do you remember that lorry driver that was dragging a car along the motorway and said he didn't realise? Here's a clue why he didn't realise......yes, you've guessed it....drugs. Odd how they never drug checked the lorry driver. They very rarely do. But when something goes wrong, like a crash or something, then it's always down to drugs. Weird that.

So anyway....screw this job. I'm off to learn to drive lorries!!! (even though I probably won't do that. I will certainly look into the practicalities of doing it along with the cost of training to be a lorry driver).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 April 2012, 18:49,
(1 April 2012, 18:46)Scythe13 Wrote: Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking....? Time to learn to drive me a lorry. £54K a year to sit on my bum and take speed on long hauls (oh yes, there's something they don't tell you). I used to work on a very large (Europe's largest) overnight truck stop near Warrington (Poplar 2000). I was talking to a truck driver and he asked me if I had any Wizz. Me being naive thought me wanted to use the toilet to have a pee. But I got talking to him and he explained the thing that truck drivers did. They would up on amphetamines to help them stay awake over the long haul jobs. Do you remember that lorry driver that was dragging a car along the motorway and said he didn't realise? Here's a clue why he didn't realise......yes, you've guessed it....drugs. Odd how they never drug checked the lorry driver. They very rarely do. But when something goes wrong, like a crash or something, then it's always down to drugs. Weird that.

So anyway....screw this job. I'm off to learn to drive lorries!!! (even though I probably won't do that. I will certainly look into the practicalities of doing it along with the cost of training to be a lorry driver).
with regard to the above, this is a good reason to stay off the motorways and major A roads, i tend to use back roads most of the time so not a problem for me.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 April 2012, 19:00, (This post was last modified: 1 April 2012, 19:13 by Timelord.)
I heard to get one of those lucrative tanker driving jobs - it comes down to who you know.. There are thousands of drivers out there who would be experienced enough to do it, but unless you happen to be in the right circles, then chances are low. It would be worth checking the facts behind these kind of rumours before launching into a new career and spending lots of readies on retraining. TL
Also, I am this last few years forming the opinion that Unions are self appointed middlemen between the workers & management. They give workers the impression they are serving their interests and this absorbs the workers vitality which otherwise may have been directed straight at the management. Meanwhile they periodically stir the workers up against the management and use this to force negotiations under threat of strike. It then seems that often at the last minuite a strike is averted and a compromise deal is struck which sort of undermines the expectations of the workers. Ok a result is obtained, but it is usually pretty mediocre, whereas if the workers had rallied directly against the management, then a much better deal could have been obtained. The Union seem to do very nicely out of these arrangements and dare I say it, brown paper envelopes all round? It is just an opinion that is slowly forming over the last few years.
In fact I am starting to think that along with unions, many protest organisations may in fact be red herrings or stooge organisations for the very issues they are purporting to be protesting against. Their results are often inadequate and the willing members effort & ideology is diverted away from any other genuine protest possibilities. Not all organisations - there are many good ones, but I do think that maybe some out there are a cover for misdirecting individual citizens angst. ???
2 April 2012, 07:17,
I'm not sure, but don't unions take a percentage of their members wages? Increased wages, increased union pocket-money.

Personally I think the idea of a union is good, but in real life terms.....unions are often scum!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin