Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The problem of refugees
5 April 2012, 19:40,
RE: The problem of refugees
Scythe,

He is saying he has a legal air rifle which does not need a license at this time. You are thinking of licensed weapons which are controlled by the Stasi..
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 April 2012, 20:05,
That's fair.

My Rat-Catcher has a silencer on it, so they wouldn't notice a warning shot unless I missed over their heads and hit one in the head haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 April 2012, 20:24, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2012, 20:48 by Nemesis.)
(5 April 2012, 20:05)Scythe13 Wrote: That's fair.

My Rat-Catcher has a silencer on it, so they wouldn't notice a warning shot unless I missed over their heads and hit one in the head haha.

I have a problem with Rat-Catcher and it was that I really got through to much Co2 and ammo with the bloody thing, I loved the gun so much but it had to go.
Hmm got me wanting another Rat-Catcher this is not good, I am trying to resist buying one.

Ok let’s think negative reason for owning one, they are crap for post shtf as you not be able to shoot it when you run out of Co2, oh and also the power curve is well off on Co2 guns.

I still am thinking I want one lol, I mean a nice cold day and a prometheus equal lots of power.
5 April 2012, 22:01,
(5 April 2012, 20:24)WetandCold Wrote:
(5 April 2012, 20:05)Scythe13 Wrote: That's fair.

I have a problem with Rat-Catcher and it was that I really got through to much Co2 and ammo with the bloody thing, I loved the gun so much but it had to go.
Hmm got me wanting another Rat-Catcher this is not good, I am trying to resist buying one.

Ok let’s think negative reason for owning one, they are crap for post shtf as you not be able to shoot it when you run out of Co2, oh and also the power curve is well off on Co2 guns.

I still am thinking I want one lol, I mean a nice cold day and a prometheus equal lots of power.

Give yourself to the Dark-Side!

You can cut the butt off and half the barrel, then you have an above legal power air-pistol. But I never recommended that. It's just something people do.....so I've been told.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 April 2012, 06:11,
I am prepping with air guns in mind based on a previous post of mine. The plan is to have up to 10 fully loaded and ready to fire off. There are three adults in my group and we will all aim at the closest "invaders" face and fire off 4-5 shots in quick succession. This will drop anyone. His cohorts then have to carry either a corpse or a badly injured dead weight. It's a battlefield tactic, and it takes up plenty of "their" resource. Severely or fatally injuring any attacker will make others in the same group think twice, if you can display awe inspiring fire power. I know, air guns are not awe inspiring, but inflicting severe, bloody and traumatic injury to people who are not war hardened is.
6 April 2012, 09:03,
modern air rifle's CAN be quite powerful, depending on what you've got, wife's Ratcatcher is about 6ft/Ibs, my SMK co2 is about 9ft/lbs but my Weirhauch is full power at 12ft/lbs, but they are all legal and dont need a FAC so i'm not on some Plod's radar, which suits me fine.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2012, 22:31,
Get yourself an Benn Tipman Ironhorse paintball marker. It's an M16 replica, runs of CO2 or compressed air, and fires either .45 paintballs (or frozen paintballs) or if you feel like it, it'll fire wound nylon balls, or rubber balls. You can even get mace filled balls if you know where to ask. Or marbles.

I'd MUCH rather be shot with a full power .22 air rifle than I would a .45 marble...

Plus you can upgrade the trigger mech to go full auto.

Don't fire this at anyone until SHTF, cause you'll be looking at a firearms offence. Oh, and there's a handy screw on the side that cranks the power up or down. Mine was putting out (i think) 480ft/sec on site, but it'll go higher than that Smile
9 April 2012, 05:27,
Very interesting. I shall need to search for this. Kenneth Eames.