Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The problem of refugees
5 April 2012, 13:16,
RE: The problem of refugees
This isn't a new scenario. This is the standard scenario. It is the reason we are in this forum to discuss issues.

I've said all along my simple plan is to keep my head down and live off stores until they are all dead then move out and plant in the gardens.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 April 2012, 13:35,
(5 April 2012, 13:16)Skean Dhude Wrote: This isn't a new scenario. This is the standard scenario. It is the reason we are in this forum to discuss issues.

I've said all along my simple plan is to keep my head down and live off stores until they are all dead then move out and plant in the gardens.

thats what we would all like to do SD, but at some stage even in my remote neck of the woods, we may "spy strangers", how we deal with them in a SHTF world could be different, depending on our situation and how many people we are responsible for.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 April 2012, 14:11,
Well by the time I comeout those people must be already set up. They will be unlikely to be starving because they made it so far. They will be less likely to have a mob behind them and they will be weak from lack of the right food. You are more likely to be able to deal with those. You will be fed, reasonably fit, prepared and have the benefit of your home ground.

No guarantees though.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 April 2012, 14:16, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2012, 14:25 by mikebratcher69.)
(5 April 2012, 12:40)Reality Jones Wrote:
(5 April 2012, 11:11)mikebratcher69 Wrote: More than likely 63 million and more by now with the influx of rapists and child trafficers, sorry I mean foreign workers.

This has got to be the worst comment /opinion I've ever seen posted on a prepper forum.
In fact I find it insulting, I happen to be one of those foreign workers Mike
I get up at 5.30 am six days a week and don't return home until after 6pm every evening,. I work f#cking hard and I pay my taxes so that people born in this country can continue to leech off the state and sit around complaining about how little they get and what they deserve.
I am self employed, I claim no holiday pay or sick pay, I work in all weathers to pay the mortgage on the house that I live in with my family.
I struggle on a daily basis to provide my family with a roof over its head and food in its stomach.
I originate from a country torn apart by war and disease.
Does this make a RAPIST?? Or does this make me a CHILD TRAFFICKER Mike??
Please let me know where I'm going wrong because as far as I was concerned I was a hard working human being trying to carve out a better life for himself and his family.
That is why I prep Mike, because I know first hand what it is really like to suffer in a society with no law or order while people starve around me.

If I wanted to read such bullsh#t statements as yours I'd have joined a far right forum not a preppers forum.
You should be ashamed .
Ashamed?? I think not.
As you are a hard working Citizen I refer not to you.
I call chavs and sheeple as well so why so defensive??
Its obvious I was only refering to the known murderers and rapists they've let in with lax border laws.
Its not racist or far right to object to scum being let in whatever they're nationality, We fail on a daily basis to stop our own countrys citizens commiting heinous crimes, yet we let other countrys worst in.
As I said before It doesnt apply to you if your not a child trafficer or a rapist so why be bothered, or amI not entitled to an opinion??
The immigration policy was supposed to bring people of worth to the U.K. R.J. just like you.
Decent, hard working with the traditional values that we all knw and would love to flourish.
Anybody would object to their stupid government from any country letting known rapists, paedophiles and murderers in willy nilly as our government has done.
I hope you understand R.J. that I dont object to decent people like you and never will, but we have enough scum from our own country without imorting more, like Romanian pick pocket gangs etc...
You cant seriously want them here R.J.??
This is your home is it not?
Do you realy want your home over run with the criminal types they're letting in??
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
5 April 2012, 15:48,
i think we all respect the hard working immigrants who come to this country, who work hard, pay their taxes and dont take from the state< i think what Mike was referring to was the sort like Abu Hamza and the ilk who spout vile hatred and death to others while quite happily taking benefit money and child benefit for loads of children, housing benefit and council tax, whilst doing it. or the economic migrants who come here without work, who immediately claim benefit money without ever paying into the system first, or the unemployed immigrants living in squalor in tented cities in our woodlands, if these people are unemployed-why dont they go home?? what we need is people like yourself RJ who will come and work and help our economy to grow, not people who will never work and just want to sponge off the state, we have enough home grown ones like that, we dont need to import them!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 April 2012, 16:18,
Guys,

RJ is right. We are careless with our choice of words. All we seeis people like Abu Hamza and his ilk being shown on TV and not the millions of other people some who have been here years who put many of our home grown children to shame. There are scroungers from all over society from all cultures.

And as it is a prepping forum and not a political site then we can be a bit more careful about what we say here and try and avoid falling into following the politicians line of blaming others just because they are foreign.
Skean Dhude
5 April 2012, 17:08,
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm about as bothered where someone comes from as they are bothered where I'm from, when it comes to stealing my food and looting my caches.

This thread topic does present some interesting thoughts, and I'd much prefer if we could stick to what the thread is about. I'm a slow enough reader to get confussed with just one topic. Adding in other things will confuse me. So, for the sake of my sanity.....when you have a load of people (urban refugees) headed your way, what would you do?

One thing I'm wondering though (directed at BP) I didn't think you had a gun. How could you fire a shot over their heads? If it was an arrow/bolt, they'd think you were a bad shot and keep coming at you (well, that's what I'd do).

I think it would be easiest to up and off, then come back later.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 April 2012, 17:42,
(5 April 2012, 13:16)Skean Dhude Wrote: This isn't a new scenario. This is the standard scenario. It is the reason we are in this forum to discuss issues.

like the way you think SD sounds good to meSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 April 2012, 18:24,
(5 April 2012, 17:08)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm about as bothered where someone comes from as they are bothered where I'm from, when it comes to stealing my food and looting my caches.

This thread topic does present some interesting thoughts, and I'd much prefer if we could stick to what the thread is about. I'm a slow enough reader to get confussed with just one topic. Adding in other things will confuse me. So, for the sake of my sanity.....when you have a load of people (urban refugees) headed your way, what would you do?

One thing I'm wondering though (directed at BP) I didn't think you had a gun. How could you fire a shot over their heads? If it was an arrow/bolt, they'd think you were a bad shot and keep coming at you (well, that's what I'd do).

what makes you think i havent got a gun Scythe? i am a member of a local gun(air rifle) club.
5 April 2012, 19:35,
(5 April 2012, 18:24)bigpaul Wrote:
(5 April 2012, 17:08)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm about as bothered where someone comes from as they are bothered where I'm from, when it comes to stealing my food and looting my caches.

what makes you think i havent got a gun Scythe? i am a member of a local gun(air rifle) club.

I'm sure you were warning against having a license, because that puts you on the radar? I might be getting confussed though.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin