Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fruit & Nut Trees
6 April 2012, 13:48,
RE: Fruit & Nut Trees
i think its a variation on the prepper mantra-only in this case its: GROW what you eat, eat what you GROW!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2012, 00:02,
Yes, I agree withwhat you say, Goji berries are a favourite of a family member who I am also prepping on behalf of! Since they are supposedly good for you I'm happy to grow some. On the subject of storing food that you would normally eat, I eat very little tinned food generally and have a problem with this aspect of prepping! I have about a years worth of grub including all the usual pasta, rice, oats etc. For me, the food element of prepping is purely about survival and not about maintaining the same cuisine as before an event. However, I hope, that at some point post event I will be able to continue growing my own food and get back to eating fresh stuff! Big Grin
7 April 2012, 10:08, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2012, 10:22 by TOF.)
I phoned my friend. She has 3 bushes and said they are a doddle to grow, she just tidies them up rather than prune them like you would say currants. She also said you'll have berries and flowers throughout the summer.
Just to add, most soft fruit (raspberries, currants etc) prefer a slightly acidic soil. Blueberries and Cranberries do best in acidic soils.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
7 April 2012, 11:09,
Thank you TOF! I love things that are a doddle to grow! When I get my dehydrator the Gojis will have their day! I'm going to add some ericacious (sp?) compost to my soft fruit and see how this goes. Thanks for the tip! Smile