Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Entry/Exit/Rescue Tool
6 April 2012, 20:09,
RE: Entry/Exit/Rescue Tool
Show me a good branded set of boltcutters meaty enough to cut a decent security padlock for that price, even second hand on eBay & I will be v.grateful. I havn't found any myself yet. Trouble with boltcutters is, they are far too cumbersome for a BOB. So a decent crowbar or a quality hacksaw would make sense. ???
6 April 2012, 21:21,
(6 April 2012, 20:09)Timelord Wrote: Trouble with boltcutters is, they are far too cumbersome for a BOB. So a decent crowbar or a quality hacksaw would make sense. ???

That's the beauty of having an ultra-light BOB. You can just climb over stuff. The only issue would be Razor-Wire.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 April 2012, 15:09,
(6 April 2012, 21:21)Scythe13 Wrote:
(6 April 2012, 20:09)Timelord Wrote: Trouble with boltcutters is, they are far too cumbersome for a BOB. So a decent crowbar or a quality hacksaw would make sense. ???

That's the beauty of having an ultra-light BOB. You can just climb over stuff. The only issue would be Razor-Wire.

Why the need to climb razor wire are we talking post shtf scavenging? I have not read the whole thread.Blush

Anyway I sent this to Scythe I forgot to link it here, I would not trust this tool.

7 April 2012, 18:42, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2012, 18:44 by mikebratcher69.)
If you look on the tinternet theres many a recipie for thermite, cuts through most locks, doors etc quite easily made as well.
Not that I'd ever do that because it's probably against some law somewhere....AND I'm the most honest law abiding citizen you could ever wish to meet I thank you...
Just type in "home made thermite" dont forget this information is provided for educational purposes only and I would not condone making it in reality because then youd be a naughty boy...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
7 April 2012, 18:57,
I have seen that stuff in action Mike nasty stuff, I think someone on youtube cooked a turkey with it lol, quite sure was a while back when I was looking up thermite.
7 April 2012, 18:58,
Recipes. You can buy the kits from eBay. just add a match.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 April 2012, 22:53,
the contents of my entry/exit bag
1 small head torch
1 small torch on tri pod stand
1 screw driver flat head/ philps
1 multi tool
1 window breaker/car escape tool
1 300mm bolt cutters
1 200mm cable cutters
1 hand drill
1 glass cutter
1 small socket set 5mm-13mm, small ratchet and extetion bars
1 set allen keys
1 carpenters awl
2 wood flat bits for drill
2 utility bars (crow-prybar) different sizes
1 small hacksaw
1 small ratchet screw driver + bits
1 club hammer
2 small adjustable spanners
1 pliers
1 side cutters
all in a shoulder strip bag

added to :-
1 body repair hydraulic ram/pusher 4 ton ( wish i got the 10 ton model)
36" bolt cutters
3.8 m telescopic ladders
60ft x 10mm polypropylene rope with hook
6 tins of expanding foam
1 wrecking bar 760mm long
10lb sledge hammer

with all this i can get in anywhere or out of anywhere
to win the war, you must be willing to die
7 April 2012, 23:42,
(7 April 2012, 22:53)grumpy old man Wrote: the contents of my entry/exit bag
1 small head torch
1 small torch on tri pod stand
1 screw driver flat head/ philps
1 multi tool
1 window breaker/car escape tool
1 300mm bolt cutters
1 200mm cable cutters
1 hand drill
1 glass cutter
1 small socket set 5mm-13mm, small ratchet and extetion bars
1 set allen keys
1 carpenters awl
2 wood flat bits for drill
2 utility bars (crow-prybar) different sizes
1 small hacksaw
1 small ratchet screw driver + bits
1 club hammer
2 small adjustable spanners
1 pliers
1 side cutters
all in a shoulder strip bag

added to :-
1 body repair hydraulic ram/pusher 4 ton ( wish i got the 10 ton model)
36" bolt cutters
3.8 m telescopic ladders
60ft x 10mm polypropylene rope with hook
6 tins of expanding foam
1 wrecking bar 760mm long
10lb sledge hammer

with all this i can get in anywhere or out of anywhere

I'd say you could get in to anywhere. Not sure about how you'd get out, because you'd have to be carrying all that IN to the scenario/situation in the first place. It's all a bit too much for me really. But it would make you the best person to be around in an escape or rescue situation!!!
8 April 2012, 01:47,
getting in is the main point i think once i'am in getting out would just be throught the door or back the way i came in.
to be truthful i don't plan on making a fast get away and leaving our kit, we need it to survive i think sometimes you have to go out all the way to destroy you enemy with max force at first contact.
i did have a small burning gun with a small oxy and propane bottles aswell but i swapped for something i needed more.
what i carry in the bag is easy to carry it's just the larger stuff that stays a bit of a problem
but if everything was easy where would the fun be lol
to win the war, you must be willing to die
8 April 2012, 10:59,
(8 April 2012, 01:47)grumpy old man Wrote: getting in is the main point i think once i'am in getting out would just be throught the door or back the way i came in.
to be truthful i don't plan on making a fast get away and leaving our kit, we need it to survive i think sometimes you have to go out all the way to destroy you enemy with max force at first contact.
i did have a small burning gun with a small oxy and propane bottles aswell but i swapped for something i needed more.
what i carry in the bag is easy to carry it's just the larger stuff that stays a bit of a problem
but if everything was easy where would the fun be lol

Yeah, I agree with that. Personally I'm thinking of going the more direct route.....windows. They're easy enough to smash. Even the massive shop windows that you see everyone struggling with in the riots. I'll bet money that 90% of people would try to smash straight through the middle of those big windows....like idiots! The window has massive levels of flex, so if you try to go through it in the middle it will flex and absorb LOADS of the impact. I saw a guy use a scaffholding pole once, and he ran at the window as if jousting. He just bounced right back off the window, leaving the window intact! It was so funny!!! Anyway....I plan on taking those windows out using spring loaded centre punches! As long as you take out the corner, the whole thing busts up pretty well. That'll be my window entry system. Sweet and simple. Anything higher up, I'm thinking....axe or something like that.