Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PC Plod & Firearms confiscation
7 April 2012, 21:13,
RE: PC Plod & Firearms confiscation
TBH when the shit does hit the fan, It doesnt take much to upgrade a 12ft/lb to a High Power air rifle, and by then there probably won't be any legistlation to enforce FAC, So for me im not bothered about applying for a licence now and appearing on Plods radar.
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
7 April 2012, 21:41,
if the gov needs to take things from you it will any time it wants and if plod's to pre ocupied then hm forces will and as for any air weapon goes i wouldn't pin my hopes on them stopping anyone maybe if you point a bolt action one at some one who does not know the difference that might scare them but once you pull the trigger they will know
you best keeping the air gun for hunting and a crossbow / bow for bigger game
ask yourself if you were hunger and needed somethings that another person had would a pellet gun really stop you ? it wouldn't stop me
to win the war, you must be willing to die
7 April 2012, 22:13,
An uprated pellet gun will do as much damage as a low bore rifle at the correct range and used correctley :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
7 April 2012, 23:00,
most moden air guns can't be changed?
i have 3 pre charged 1 is a multi shot i know the distance needed and i still think you can't stop someone with a pellet gun.
the closer someone is the more stopping power is needed
it's not something i will leave to the last minute to find out
to win the war, you must be willing to die
8 April 2012, 01:12,
(7 April 2012, 22:13)Stokey Wrote: An uprated pellet gun will do as much damage as a low bore rifle at the correct range and used correctley :-)

Your'e not talking about stopping small game with precision shots from a stealth position. We are talking large two legged very mobile aggressive game, with protective wrappings of various degrees.

Putting your security faith in a precharged CO2 air rifle scares the hell out of me.

Correct range & used correctly? Ummm...

It's your choice, but I would have a serious consideration of pre existing threat/conflict scenarios and see where your air rifle fits into that.. Regards, TL
8 April 2012, 08:36,
i dont know, i think you could do a helleva lot of damage to a person with a full power air rifle, in the hands of someone who knows what their doing, i wouldn't want to be on the receiving end!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2012, 09:39,
Personaly despatching small game with an air rifle has always been a headshot for me, Large 2 legged agressive mobile threats present a larger target, and with an uprated air rifle ( and yes you can uprate even modern ones ) have the capacity of severely incapacitating any threat, theyre not gonna be messy like a shotgun, that's why i made the comparison with a small bore rifle like a rimfire or such like.
8 April 2012, 10:08,
We practice a strategy with Air rifles, swords, sticks and other weapons daily. There are currently 4 of us in our team. Strategy 1, We aim for the 1st or most aggressive person and shoot 2-3 in the face, followed instantly by a thrust with our bayonets fixed to the rifle. This takes seconds and we move onto attacker 2. If we are rushed, we shoot 2-3 in people the face followed by bayoneting. All is rapid, explosive and direct.

This is 1 of several strategies we practice. We are slick and organised with it too. We have a leader, voice activated headsets, protective clothing and are all capable of military level Krav maga, defense against weapons, how to use weapons etc. Nobody is invincible, but we stand a better chance than most against a lesser organised and trained group. We do take this very seriously, and why not, these skills are becoming more needed every day.

Just recently 2 yobs tried to stab me in the neck with chop sticks in a Chinese restaurant because I asked them to stop saying the "C" word in front of my wife. They will think twice next time.

But, back to air guns. Used as part of the strategy, they have a good place. On their own, perhaps not the best weapon, but they certainly act as a stopper and give you time to do more damage in other ways.
8 April 2012, 10:38,
Tongue  RE: PC Plod & Firearms confiscation
(8 April 2012, 10:08)Weyoun Wrote: Just recently 2 yobs tried to stab me in the neck with chop sticks in a Chinese restaurant because I asked them to stop saying the "C" word in front of my wife. They will think twice next time.

Hope you didn't Bayonet them with the Shark Fin Soup

8 April 2012, 15:39,
If I got shot in the head with the right air rifle and pellet I really would not like it so much.

Mate of mine shot two people once, he used a .22 handgun one of the blokes was killed the other bloke turned his head and the bullet went in his mouth hole and out his cheek, he lived to tell the tale, this was a real gun but small round, I have seen pictures of dead people by airgun shots I admit it was suicide by air rifle so it would have been quite close to the head, also people have lived after being shot with a 9mm point blank to the head, I guess the point is I would suggest being shot in the head with a good air rifle and right type ammo has the potential to kill a human as for weapon of choice vs. a mob intent on over running your position then I would say not, but still have a place in preps.