Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PC Plod & Firearms confiscation
8 April 2012, 16:48,
RE: PC Plod & Firearms confiscation
go for a head shot, the eyes make a good target, if they get shot in the eye they wont much want to take it any further!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2012, 17:31,
crossbows will do the job nicely
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 April 2012, 17:33,
or a standard bow, get a broadhead in their gizzard and they'll know about it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2012, 23:24,
(8 April 2012, 10:08)Weyoun Wrote: Strategy 1, We aim for the 1st or most aggressive person and shoot 2-3 in the face, followed instantly by a thrust with our bayonets fixed to the rifle.

You're letting them get too close if you're shooting them in the face then spearing them instantly afterwards. If they have a sword, and you're shooting at them with an air rifle, you're going to get hurt.

What air rifle do you have that'll take a bayonet?

I'll be keeping a motorcycle helmet put to one side. that'll take an air rifle round with out any problems. Less visibility, and you can't hear as well, but it'll definitely save a thwack to the old noggin.
8 April 2012, 23:30,
(8 April 2012, 23:24)00111001 Wrote: [quote='Weyoun' pid='11927' dateline='1333876083']

I'll be keeping a motorcycle helmet put to one side. that'll take an air rifle round with out any problems. Less visibility, and you can't hear as well, but it'll definitely save a thwack to the old noggin.

I'm gonna get really boring here with my defence of air rifles, an uprated air rifle will shoot through a steel sheet let alone a motorcycle helmet :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
8 April 2012, 23:51,
the chances are most guns in this country are shotguns and after an event how many people will keep the barrel and but on ?
a sawn off shotgun has a massive spread on it ?
also the most you can turn a precharge up is 3 times the limit over that and the guns f**ked the seals can't take it if you do the number of shots goes down from about 200 to about 40
a .22 rim fire has more power than an air rifle ?
it was a sad day for people in cumbria when the taxi driver when on the shooting spree but look at what he had how many people did he kill ?
bayonets fix to assault rifles or designed for that job ?
how do you fix bayonets to an air rifle (what kind of gun and what bayonet)
if someone was that close to me the swords the job for me
at the end of the day it does not matter to me this area is my passion and i know what i will use but remember if you get it wrong once after an event your dead and what happens to your family?
if you hit a wasp but don't kill it it comes back pissed and stings you
to win the war, you must be willing to die
9 April 2012, 00:05,
(8 April 2012, 10:08)Weyoun Wrote: We practice a strategy with Air rifles, swords, sticks and other weapons daily. There are currently 4 of us in our team. Strategy 1, We aim for the 1st or most aggressive person and shoot 2-3 in the face, followed instantly by a thrust with our bayonets fixed to the rifle. This takes seconds and we move onto attacker 2. If we are rushed, we shoot 2-3 in people the face followed by bayoneting. All is rapid, explosive and direct.

This is 1 of several strategies we practice. We are slick and organised with it too. We have a leader, voice activated headsets, protective clothing and are all capable of military level Krav maga, defense against weapons, how to use weapons etc. Nobody is invincible, but we stand a better chance than most against a lesser organised and trained group. We do take this very seriously, and why not, these skills are becoming more needed every day.

Just recently 2 yobs tried to stab me in the neck with chop sticks in a Chinese restaurant because I asked them to stop saying the "C" word in front of my wife. They will think twice next time.

But, back to air guns. Used as part of the strategy, they have a good place. On their own, perhaps not the best weapon, but they certainly act as a stopper and give you time to do more damage in other ways.

http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information/
9 April 2012, 00:09,
(9 April 2012, 00:05)WetandCold Wrote:
(8 April 2012, 10:08)Weyoun Wrote: We practice a strategy with Air rifles, swords, sticks and other weapons daily. There are currently 4 of us in our team. Strategy 1, We aim for the 1st or most aggressive person and shoot 2-3 in the face, followed instantly by a thrust with our bayonets fixed to the rifle. This takes seconds and we move onto attacker 2. If we are rushed, we shoot 2-3 in people the face followed by bayoneting. All is rapid, explosive and direct.

This is 1 of several strategies we practice. We are slick and organised with it too. We have a leader, voice activated headsets, protective clothing and are all capable of military level Krav maga, defense against weapons, how to use weapons etc. Nobody is invincible, but we stand a better chance than most against a lesser organised and trained group. We do take this very seriously, and why not, these skills are becoming more needed every day.

Just recently 2 yobs tried to stab me in the neck with chop sticks in a Chinese restaurant because I asked them to stop saying the "C" word in front of my wife. They will think twice next time.

But, back to air guns. Used as part of the strategy, they have a good place. On their own, perhaps not the best weapon, but they certainly act as a stopper and give you time to do more damage in other ways.

http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information/

I'm chuckling again :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
9 April 2012, 00:14, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2012, 00:27 by 00111001.)
(8 April 2012, 23:30)Stokey Wrote:
(8 April 2012, 23:24)00111001 Wrote:
(8 April 2012, 10:08)Weyoun Wrote: I'll be keeping a motorcycle helmet put to one side. that'll take an air rifle round with out any problems. Less visibility, and you can't hear as well, but it'll definitely save a thwack to the old noggin.

I'm gonna get really boring here with my defence of air rifles, an uprated air rifle will shoot through a steel sheet let alone a motorcycle helmet :-)

The one I have will kick out 23lb/ft2 apparently. I doubt very much that'll go through a steel sheet?

A motorcycle helmet is built to withstand a huge impact. Admittedly, the surface area of the impact is greater, but the forces involved are higher.

Quote:Airgun energy generally is expressed in foot pounds. It is well worth considering, in practical terms, what a foot pound represents. One foot pound is the energy that a one pound object releases when falling one foot (ignoring the friction of air, which, from a very rough practical sense over very short distances, we may do for very dense objects). Thus, one can roughly consider that a gun firing with a muzzle energy of 12 ft./lbs. is about the same as dropping a 16 oz. hammer head from about 12 feet. Extend that to a 30 ft. drop for a 30 ft./lb. gun. Imagine being hit by that falling hammer head and you are doing a very crude visualization of the gun’s potential hitting strength.

(9 April 2012, 00:14)00111001 Wrote:
(8 April 2012, 23:30)Stokey Wrote: [quote='00111001' pid='12044' dateline='1333923890']
[quote='Weyoun' pid='11927' dateline='1333876083']

The one I have will kick out 23lb/ft2 apparently. I doubt very much that'll go through a steel sheet?

A motorcycle helmet is built to withstand a huge impact. Admittedly, the surface area of the impact is greater, but the forces involved are higher.

Quote:Airgun energy generally is expressed in foot pounds. It is well worth considering, in practical terms, what a foot pound represents. One foot pound is the energy that a one pound object releases when falling one foot (ignoring the friction of air, which, from a very rough practical sense over very short distances, we may do for very dense objects). Thus, one can roughly consider that a gun firing with a muzzle energy of 12 ft./lbs. is about the same as dropping a 16 oz. hammer head from about 12 feet. Extend that to a 30 ft. drop for a 30 ft./lb. gun. Imagine being hit by that falling hammer head and you are doing a very crude visualization of the gun’s potential hitting strength.

How to Calculate Metal Piercing Force
By Vivek Saxena, eHow Contributor | updated July 12, 2011

To pierce metal, you must first calculate the force required.
The only way to calculate metal piercing force, which is the force required to pierce sheet metal, is by using the mathematical equation F = P * T * PSI. F equals the force required to pierce sheet metal in pounds, P equals the perimeter of the area to be pierced in inches, T equals the sheet metal thickness in inches and PSI equals the sheer strength rating of the sheet metal in pounds per square inch.

1 Measure the perimeter (P) of the area on the sheet metal that you intend to pierce by using a ruler.

2 Determine the thickness (T) of the sheet metal you want to pierce by using a ruler.

3 Obtain the sheet metal's PSI. Below are the PSI(s) of several common metals:

Brass: 20,000 lbs/in^2

Gun-Metal: 12,000 lbs/in^2

Cast Copper: 20,000 lbs/in^2

Bronze Aluminum: 50,000 lbs/in^2

Muntz Metal: 40,000 lbs/in^2

Plug the values obtained in Steps One, Two and Three into the equation from the Introduction and solve. Thus, given a perimeter of 1 inch, a thickness of 3 inches and a PSI of 20,000 lbs/in^2, the equation would be solved as follows:

F = 1 * 3 * 20,000

F = 60,000

Thus, the piercing force required to shear this metal is 60,000 pounds.

Read more: How to Calculate Metal Piercing Force | eHow.co.uk http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_8727459_calcul...z1rUiRxMZh
9 June 2012, 08:36,
(7 April 2012, 16:43)bigpaul Wrote: this is the very reason i have Air rifles, which dont need a FAC, so i'm not on some Plod's radar.

Also the very reason I only ever buy second-hand projectile weap.... tools.... Wink
"Wicked phenomenon, yes? But, you know, it’s not any more "evil" than, say… fire. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement."