Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ground Zero
7 April 2012, 20:27,
Ground Zero
Just found this, who knows their bombs? which if any from the choose your weapon section might be likely?

http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/Ground_Z...ualization
7 April 2012, 20:41, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2012, 20:44 by mikebratcher69.)
RE: Ground Zero
Funny you should say that....

Fukushima Reactor 4: Life On Planet Earth in the Balance...

Diplomat Akio Matsumura is warning that the disaster at the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan may ultimately turn into an event capable of extinguishing all life on Earth.

He then said the 11,138 spent fuel assemblies stored at the Fukushima plant contain “134 million curies is Cesium-137 — roughly 85 times the amount of Cs-137 released at the Chernobyl accident as estimated by the U.S. National Council on Radiation Protection.”

Matsumura admits this is an astounding number and one difficult to comprehend. He wrote that 85 times more Cesium-137 than released at Chernobyl “would destroy the world environment and our civilization. This is not rocket science, nor does it connect to the pugilistic debate over nuclear power plants. This is an issue of human survival.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwCfAY4iy...r_embedded
whats that stuff that helps protect you again??? Potassium iodide???
http://www.huliq.com/3257/does-iodine-re...-radiation
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
7 April 2012, 23:57,
(7 April 2012, 20:41)mikebratcher69 Wrote: whats that stuff that helps protect you again??? Potassium iodide???
http://www.huliq.com/3257/does-iodine-re...-radiation

It's true that potassium iodide doesn't protect from radiation, and it only protects the thyroid. But one of the main early killers of radiation poisoning is caused by the damage to the thyroid.

Better something than nothing.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 April 2012, 11:03,
Anyone know any thing about the nukes?
8 April 2012, 12:15,
yeah they really mess up you week and suck the paint off your house lets hope that never happens or england is buggeredSad
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 April 2012, 12:24,
Very interesting link. Don't forget though that the winds will make a difference as to where the fallout goes and although the lines are clearly delineated on the chart they are nowhere near so rigid in real life.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 April 2012, 12:36,
(8 April 2012, 11:03)Prep Girl Wrote: Anyone know any thing about the nukes?

Cs-137 is your tipple of choice for a dirty bomb. Something suitcase sized could make a mess of about a mile radius- i.e. Business bit of the city of London.

Most likely that or a small yield uranium device (couple of kilos) would be what the terrorists (whatever flavour) might use. Anything bigger is military, so a lot more complex and harder to go bang.

Best thing for radiation exposure is to throw anything that contaminated as far away as you can, then hot soapy shower the bits that can't be, clean clothes, space blanket over, and a hot sweet tea.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
8 April 2012, 12:41,
(8 April 2012, 11:03)Prep Girl Wrote: Anyone know any thing about the nukes?

I don't know loads about nukes, but I know a dirty bomb can be made by stealing the radioactive material from a doctors X-Ray machine, then sticking it in a pipe bomb. It's so simple it's insane.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 April 2012, 12:48,
thats all very well guys but unless you are deep under ground in a sealed bunker with food and water air filter we are stuffed great britain is not big enough to take nukes
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 April 2012, 12:54,
i dont think this country will be nuked, that honour will be saved for the US of A, although some kind of dirty bomb with a limited range may be possible.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.