Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ground Zero
8 April 2012, 12:56,
RE: Ground Zero
(8 April 2012, 12:48)Barneyboy Wrote: thats all very well guys but unless you are deep under ground in a sealed bunker with food and water air filter we are stuffed great britain is not big enough to take nukes

That's pretty true. If London was nuked, the fallout would be hitting areas like Reading. Bristol would be out of the way, unless the winds helped radioactive partlicles in their journey to our lungs/skin/eyes/anywhere else.

I think the prospect of a dirty bomb in the olympics is a plausible scenario. Same as a plane crash. However, I'm unsure of whether a terrorist organisation would actually do that. I'll make a post about it in a minute.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 April 2012, 13:02,
SD said multiple war heads will hit us if they let the nukes go multiple hits all over guys not happy times would not worry about radiation unless you are under ground when you have to come up and out
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 April 2012, 13:54,
Just covering all possibilities Smile
8 April 2012, 13:55,
forget it, if we are nuked thats it-we're all dead, game over. so if i'm dead i'm not going to worry about it, nothing i can do about it anyway, this sort of thing is not on my radar at all, cos like i said if it happens we're all dead anyway. i'm more concerned about dirty bombs and terrorist activities.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2012, 13:56,
I for one will just worry about things i know i can deal with, a Nuke strike isnt one of them, your dead, end of.
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
8 April 2012, 14:16,
There all nukes to me, what I'm trying to work out is how far away you'd have to be from each type of bomb to have any hope of survival
8 April 2012, 14:19,
(8 April 2012, 14:16)Prep Girl Wrote: There all nukes to me, what I'm trying to work out is how far away you'd have to be from each type of bomb to have any hope of survival

You can check initial blast areas by nuclear wield just by doing a google search, However it's more the radioactive fallout and it's dispersal and affect on habitat and life that presents the problem after, all these will be affected by the weather and so no clear and concise answers would be possible.
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
8 April 2012, 18:14,
Our country is just too small for us as a society to survive an all out nuclear war. Most remote areas will be untouched by the blast but could, depending on winds, be subject to fallout. If they target all the major cities, London, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Belfast then 90% of us would be impacted straight away. With the rest being impacted by fallout, refugees and/or starvation.

It is one of the worst scenario we consider due to the resildual radiation and the impact on animals, crops and the environment.

No one in the UK can be fully prepared for this unless they are rich and can afford an underground bunker with plenty of stores.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 April 2012, 18:23,
Yeah, don't think I'd wana survive an all out war, not if there was no way of growing food for years and years, rather die fast then from starvation and sickness
8 April 2012, 18:40,
(8 April 2012, 14:16)Prep Girl Wrote: There all nukes to me, what I'm trying to work out is how far away you'd have to be from each type of bomb to have any hope of survival
A different country....

"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."