Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TETRA packs
9 April 2012, 11:20,
TETRA packs
if you store ANYTHING in tetra packs, uht milk, fruit juices etc, please be aware that these things can leak. just had a litre fruit juice pack spring a leak and it covered the shelf, also where it leaked on the pack the juice "went off" so the rest had to be disposed of. i know we all rotate our stock but just be aware this can happen and check your stock regularly.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2012, 13:03,
RE: TETRA packs
I think that anything can leak for so many different reasons that it is worth checking your stores on a regular basis. Sadly we can't do that for caches and we can only compensate by splitting loads and storing more just in case.

I have had several items pacaging rupture ranging from solid containers to bags. The issue is when it is a liquid that leaks. It can penetrate and damage many other items in its escape from containment. It pools and seeps through many seams and can also damage the container it is in as well. I store my liquids at the botton of my stores and in its own sealed liquid proof container as well.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 April 2012, 05:30,
RE: TETRA packs
We recently had Soup that leaked and went off. A terrible smell! It was in date! However, had to be disposed of immediately, no going back to Tesco and getting a refund. Whilst on the subject, Tesco are ridding their shop of other brands gradually, and replacing with their own brands. Items that we want are no longer available. By the way, the soup that went off before the BB date was Tesco's! Kenneth Eames.