• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Civil unrest in Greece
10 April 2012, 10:14,
Civil unrest in Greece
http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16205316
Failure is NOT an option
10 April 2012, 10:28,
RE: Civil unrest in Greece
I love this sentence in the article right at the end "Still, the biggest challenge will come on May 1 when traditional May Day protests are expected to morph into massive anti-austerity rallies."

What kind of a country has "Traditional Protests"? It's almost as if they just don't like the month of May. "Okay guys, that damn month of May has crept up on us again. I know many of us didn't think it would be here this year, but is has reared it's ugly head. Let's set to the streets and show May what for!!!"

But you all know what that means, right? Well last time Greece went barmy a couple of years ago, everything went nuts and they ran out of tear gas and had to get surrounding countries to send some in. Well this time, I bet the UK scrotes will join the fun and start their own riots.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 April 2012, 11:41,
I think the worst bit is about the OAP who shot himself outside of parliment because he had nothing left they took everything from him.
Failure is NOT an option
10 April 2012, 11:46,
(10 April 2012, 11:41)uks Wrote: I think the worst bit is about the OAP who shot himself outside of parliment because he had nothing left they took everything from him.

Although i feel sorry for the Oap who took his own life, My opinion is this, and i may get shot down for saying so, but it is my opinion.

The entire Greek nation is responsible for thier mess not just the Politicians, Look at the way there entire culture was placed, It was based on bribery and corruption right from the top to the bottom. Everyone was fiddling thier taxes and bribing each other.

It was only a matter when, not if thier system would face the shtf like this.

“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
10 April 2012, 11:49,
The thing is they survived for thousands of years before joining the EU?.
Failure is NOT an option
10 April 2012, 11:53,
(10 April 2012, 11:49)uks Wrote: The thing is they survived for thousands of years before joining the EU?.

The EU wasn't there downfall, It was the way the transacted Greece PLC, However the EU is the sting in the tail for them now because they signed up for it.

“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
10 April 2012, 11:59, (This post was last modified: 10 April 2012, 12:01 by Scythe13.)
Having a 12+% GDP based on tourism is massively risky. So is having around 11 million people, from a population of 12 million living around the 1 major city. I was told all this by a Greek a few years before the recession. She said that a recession in the UK that stopped tourism would kill the country. As 2007 ticked over, she was proven right.
Oh yes ladies and gentlemen, the UK tourism in Greece was about 70%

It seems we cannot destroy a country by military force, however the population can change destination and cause devisation to a nation!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 April 2012, 13:09,
Although i feel sorry for the Oap who took his own life, My opinion is this, and i may get shot down for saying so, but it is my opinion.

The entire Greek nation is responsible for thier mess not just the Politicians, Look at the way there entire culture was placed, It was based on bribery and corruption right from the top to the bottom. Everyone was fiddling thier taxes and bribing each other.

Bit like here then!

& It's all our fault, didn't you know?
10 April 2012, 13:38,
(10 April 2012, 13:09)Timelord Wrote: Bit like here then!

I was previously married, I'm used to accepting it's all my fault :-)
10 April 2012, 14:04,
(10 April 2012, 13:38)Stokey Wrote:
(10 April 2012, 13:09)Timelord Wrote: Bit like here then!

I was previously married, I'm used to accepting it's all my fault :-)

dont we all?Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.