Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bristol Unpaused
6 May 2012, 22:20,
RE: Bristol Unpaused
I've read SD's report on the home page and TBH I'm not in the slightest bit suprised at the turnout, but unfortunately motivated and driven preppers like Scythe and SD are going to learn the hard way that few forum dwelling preppers are as motivated as they are. You can arrange and RZ over a year ahead, you can even pay all the local costs and even provide food, books and kit to play with. but even with a years notice few will actually make the effort.

I would suggest S13 etc form sub groups of active preppers and just liaise with them directly and dont bother trying to get the majority armchair preppers to do anything physical.

6 May 2012, 22:33,
(6 May 2012, 22:20)NorthernRaider Wrote: I've read SD's report on the home page and TBH I'm not in the slightest bit suprised at the turnout, but unfortunately motivated and driven preppers like Scythe and SD are going to learn the hard way that few forum dwelling preppers are as motivated as they are. You can arrange and RZ over a year ahead, you can even pay all the local costs and even provide food, books and kit to play with. but even with a years notice few will actually make the effort.

I would suggest S13 etc form sub groups of active preppers and just liaise with them directly and dont bother trying to get the majority armchair preppers to do anything physical.

I've not mentioned the meet, simply because, I'm not going to call anyone out. Each and every to their own. If they come along and benefit, that's cool. If they want to build relationships and develop a network for security and support, that's cool. If they don't, that's their choice.

I'll keep organising. Each event I put on will be a benefit, an education, and a great time with mates. If people want to get involved, that's call. Message me, include your mobile number, then I'll put together local events. If not, then that's cool. Each and every to their own. But.....if something happens and you don't have a network to support you, then know the network is up and running, and it was your choice not to get involved.

As I always say "Each and every to their own" but personally, I want people there watching my back, and I'll watch theirs.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 May 2012, 01:42, (This post was last modified: 7 May 2012, 03:23 by Nemesis.)
No one has the right to pressure members of this board or any board I think that if people say they are going to turn up they should do so, I also feel if preppers from this or any forum don't want to interact in real life or be part of any network they should not be pressured to do so.

Some of us don’t want to meet because of the paranoia or cash flow and others due to problems at home, for example I myself have been forced to take on a role as a full time career for my wife few members already know this from this board, since Xmas my life changed I have not been able to get out to do the things I like doing, I get to go local to do my training and do the shopping that’s about it, the risk is just too high if I tried to go further or was not around when needed.

I have also offered a member a chance to train with a striking coach trainer to be taught how to kick to full power level this guy trains pros this offer was on me, so maybe I can't be active as I would like but things do happen in the world of PM's, I am sure others are making contact or at least considering it behind the scenes let’s not all judge the forum/community on what we read, bonds are being made people are talking and offers are being handed out, it’s all going on Surely it’s not just me?Huh
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ