Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canned Cheddar Cheese
12 April 2012, 14:40,
RE: Canned Cheddar Cheese
(12 April 2012, 14:30)TOF Wrote: If you can adjust your order, they do dehydrated egg and tinned margarine too.
Meant to add I haven't tried the marg or egg.

Yeah, I added the eggs as well, But a bit unsure of it as it looks like a liquid product rather than powder based.

Soon find out :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
12 April 2012, 14:43,

This is the powdered stuff. http://www.rosspa.co.uk/alleggra-the-alt...-2937.html

Apparently Angling shops sell Whole dried egg to add to groundbait, not sure if it's human grade though. Something else I need to add to my to do list once I've moved!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
12 April 2012, 15:24,
Our local store sold off about 250 eggs one weekend at about 10p a tray. Whoo Hoo. I made my own dehydrated eggs to a recipe on the web. Froze the yolks in ice cube containers and powdered the whites. They lasted a very long time.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 April 2012, 15:31,
canned Cheddar cheese sounds disgusting, i think i'll find something better than that to put on my toast post SHTF, like DRIPPING!! yum!yum!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 April 2012, 15:33,
hink i'm gonna do a bit of research about dehydrating, Hadnt even considered doing it myself before.

Dripping....Mmmmmmmm
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
12 April 2012, 15:41,

SD, How did you do the eggs? I dehydrate a lot stuff, mainly veg and would like to give this a go.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
12 April 2012, 15:43,
(12 April 2012, 14:15)TOF Wrote: No need.

http://www.rosspa.co.uk/happy-cow-austri...-2810.html

I've got some and it's very cheesy!

I bought few hundred of them and butter TOF and my god it really is nasty stuff, but yeh shtf I guess its ok, I would like a UK supply of the better branded canned cheese/butter.
12 April 2012, 15:50,
it strikes me that post SHTF we REALLY need to be careful what we are eating, we need to take MORE care of our stomach's not less, there may not be any doctors or hospitals around to take care of people with major stomach problems like norwalk virus etc.etc. so it really is a case of "eat what you store & store what you eat", we really dont want to take chances with untried and untested foods that normally we would NEVER touch with a bargepole!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 April 2012, 15:52,
(12 April 2012, 15:50)bigpaul Wrote: so it really is a case of "eat what you store & store what you eat"

In that case, I'm gonna start working on Dehydrating Macdonalds, Doner Kebabs, and Chinky meals :-)
12 April 2012, 15:53,
BP,

Good plan but reality will soon impact and we will be a lot less fussy about what we eat. Best introduce new food while you can so you don't have a shock further down the road.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin