• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Greetings
13 April 2012, 19:12,
RE: Greetings
Good evening!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
14 April 2012, 23:01,
(13 April 2012, 19:09)Scythe13 Wrote: Hi, welcome to the forum.

What brings you to this way of thinking?

Thanks again guys for the welcome,

I guess ive been into this way of thinking since my army days back in the 70's and then in the early 80's when i left the army i got into the free festival scene an eventualy bought a bus at stonehenge an lived an travelled with the peace convoy, until the infamous battle of the beanfield in 1985 where the bully boys in blue trashed my vehicle an many others as im sure youve probably heard about it. Since then ive just been watching an waiting an slowly preparing after much burying of head in the sand living in denial an hoping it would all just disappear like a bad dream.
I think that is the toughest obstacle, getting me head round it all, but i am gradualy bit by bit getting my act together for me an mine an trying to form some kind of plan. I have 4 sons an that is another obstacle trying to get their heads round it without freaking them out too much an bursting their bubbles. I made the mistake of returning to living in a town an havent been able to get out since, what with being bogged down with bills an all the trappings of this so-called civilisation. I could just pack up an hit the road as soon as, but its the family commitments that make things difficult if you get my drift?

Anyway i'm glad i found this site, i am just brousing at present an getting a feel for the place.

Nothing endures but change ~Heraclitus
14 April 2012, 23:11,
I know where your coming from mate, You gotta give the kids a sense of future and help steer them towards a way of life that is gonna be fulfilling and gives them a real life, and then balance that with the what if scenario.

Nice to have you onboard :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
14 April 2012, 23:21,
That's cool Rootsman.

We've got quite a few ex squaddies here. Personally, I'm just friends with loads of current squaddies (I'm a baby, at 27 years old...yeah! Who feels old now? haha) but that's probably because of my age.

Having a military background and having the sustainability and mobility of the Peace Convoy, gives you quite an advantage.

Have a read and anywhere that you have an opinion, idea, experience, or curiosity, just start posting.

Good to have you with us.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 April 2012, 18:21,
Ey up matey, welcome.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
16 April 2012, 00:42,
Hi there.
Enjoy the forum !
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
16 April 2012, 00:50,
Good evening to you.

Dig ur