• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bow and Arrow Weekend
10 May 2012, 14:57,
RE: Bow and Arrow Weekend
Here are th pics I said I would add.

[Image: 8kwkEBnnj0c6jnOjM4uQ4OfL.jpg]

[Image: JSpQ4knlklH1YRwqQhJjeLDi.jpg]

[Image: NELwDePgfRa4T32pSb4gZh4lX.jpg]

These things are nasty, with a blunt round wooden tip about inch and half fat me and a mate was putting holes in 18mm ply at 20 feet, remember this was a blunt fat tip.

I can't wait to view TL one and hear how you all got on with it, from what he is saying he has taken the time to fire straighten the shaft and that would be key to accuracy over distance, I am sure it is going to be more then bamboo and duct tape, as TL is a barbarian scientist, "that is a compliment in case it got misunderstood".

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
21 May 2012, 17:59,
I wonder how many bods are going to the bow & arrow day in a few weeks?
21 May 2012, 22:47,
(10 May 2012, 14:57)WetandCold Wrote: Here are th pics I said I would add.

These things are nasty

That looks impressive. I am sorely tempted to start experimenting with making and learning to use one of those myself. I have no time and so much else to do... but the temptation very powerful.
5 June 2012, 21:23,
Anyone interested in this please contact me and I'll send them the RV.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 June 2012, 22:52,
I would love to come, but I just have too many other commitments to work around that weekend. I have been hanging on to see if I can sort it, as I really wanted to go. Even without my other commitments, it's a long way from me... I'd have to be out the house in the small hours with a very tired 6 month old, and a spare £60 for the diesel.
Hopefully it will go well, and there will be another opportunity for me to make it.
To make it easier for people with a way to come, and make a bit more of it perhaps it could be combined with a camp in future... might that be possible? Not necessarily at the same place, but close by?