Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resting heart beats
26 April 2012, 12:41,
RE: Resting heart beats
I understand the personal ones are not very good but are useful to keep track of changes. They may be wrong but they at least scale up consistently.

Plus a lot of people feel more relaxed doing their own than at the docs so there is a difference then plus how do you calibrate a heart monitor? Even if you were consistent in your application of the unit you just don't know how accurate it is.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 April 2012, 13:50, (This post was last modified: 26 April 2012, 13:53 by Nemesis.)
RE: Resting heart beats
I went with an Omron R7 this is meant to be Clinically validated although I have just mailed them asking for more information regards this claim.

Omron R7 has Intellisense which helps with correct placement, which matters a lot, I did buy Omron R2 which has Intellisense but not Intellisense placement sensor so you can still be off target and I sent that back due to constant wrong readings.

To calibrate with doctors is a simple case of taking your monitor in and doing two test one after the other, it will not matter if you suffer white coat syndrome as both will read high so no problem calibrating.

Opps forgot to link : http://www.omron-healthcare.com/en/produ...637-E.html
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ