Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resting heart beats
21 April 2012, 22:51,
RE: Resting heart beats
(21 April 2012, 21:01)Carnebwen Wrote: mine is excellent for my age. About 6 years ago it was 80+ but I also used to play video games about 6 hours day after work and exist off redbull and catch up sleep under a desk at work.

I've gone the other way since moving to Bristol.

Heart rate used to be as low as 44 bmp!!! No joke. But I was training for UTMB (ultra trail Mont Blanc) then, as was running 8 miles a day with weighted arms, legs, and backpack. Until I found out ankle weights damaged your joints. Then my arms doubled in weight haha.

I'm currently sitting at 54 :-( so that's a massive increase for me.

That's okay though. Over the next few months I'll be back down to the 52 mark, at least!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 April 2012, 22:40,
Mine is 53, putting me in the athlete category for my age. I might give it another go tomorrow to see if it has dropped any, I've had lots of coffee in the last couple of hours. Big Grin
23 April 2012, 16:53,
I seem to be lucky, at 80 my rate is 60. I do walk as much as possible. Kenneth Eames.
23 April 2012, 20:01,
(23 April 2012, 16:53)Kenneth Eames Wrote: I seem to be lucky, at 80 my rate is 60. I do walk as much as possible. Kenneth Eames.

Well done Kenneth, walking is very good.
23 April 2012, 22:56, (This post was last modified: 23 April 2012, 23:35 by Prep Girl.)
mines 69 tonight but I haven't smoked for nearly 2 hours, I'm gona have a fag and check again lol
After the fag 73
24 April 2012, 02:28, (This post was last modified: 24 April 2012, 02:33 by Nemesis.)
(23 April 2012, 22:56)Prep Girl Wrote: mines 69 tonight but I haven't smoked for nearly 2 hours, I'm gona have a fag and check again lol
After the fag 73

Not a lot of people know this but fats/meat thickens the blood, make hearts work harder due to thicker blood, and not just by a little bit.
Going by the results posted it seems near on every member of this board is an athlete we should all be in the Olympics, I train 3 hours a day cardio, so how the hell some of you are testing so low during illness and after lots of coffee only leads me to believe you are supermen, how wonderful is that.
24 April 2012, 17:33,
My blood is quite thin, and my cholesterol is 4, I would never take Asprin case it tipped me over the edge but I'm not a big meat eater, I honestly don't believe our bodies were designed to digest meat are intestines are way to long, but it's more the fact that I can't afford to buy organic meat and I don't like the fact that's it's pumped full of growth hormones and antibiotics and enough farmers have been caught sending the animals for slaughter before the time it takes for this crap to pass through their bodies and so on, but I think it's due more to the fact that I eat a lot of garlic, I'll put garlic and onions in most things I cook, it's stress and smoking without a doubt.
25 April 2012, 13:03,
(21 April 2012, 12:02)WetandCold Wrote:
(21 April 2012, 11:49)bigpaul Wrote: no idea what my heart rate is sleeping or otherwise,my blood pressure is a bit high at the moment, doc's appointment on tuesday!

Let us know how you get on might be able to help if you are told you just need to do some exercise.

How to take your pulse

1. Place the tips of your index, second, and third fingers on the palm side of your other wrist, below the base of the thumb. Or, place the tips of your index and second fingers on your lower neck, on either side of your windpipe.

2. Press lightly with your fingers until you feel the blood pulsing beneath your fingers. You might need to move your fingers around slightly up or down until you feel the pulsing.

3. Use a watch with a second hand, or look at a clock with a second hand.

4. Count the beats you feel for 10 seconds. Multiply this number by six to get your heart rate (pulse) per minute.

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/hear...-chart.htm

went to doc's yesterday, blood pressure still "slightly" up but 30 points down from last appointment, medication has been increased to compensate.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 April 2012, 19:11,
(25 April 2012, 13:03)bigpaul Wrote: went to doc's yesterday, blood pressure still "slightly" up but 30 points down from last appointment, medication has been increased to compensate.

Well done mate! That's really good.

Keep it up and you'll be out running me real soon (probably already can to be fair).

Is the development as a result of better diet, more exercise, or what?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 April 2012, 11:59,
(25 April 2012, 19:11)Scythe13 Wrote:
(25 April 2012, 13:03)bigpaul Wrote: went to doc's yesterday, blood pressure still "slightly" up but 30 points down from last appointment, medication has been increased to compensate.

Well done mate! That's really good.

Keep it up and you'll be out running me real soon (probably already can to be fair).

Is the development as a result of better diet, more exercise, or what?

to be honest, i dont trust the universal blood pressure monitor that is used, Doctor used her own (personal) monitor and surprise surprise its well down, it was up about 183 over 82, now its 150 over 82, and my medication has been altered to an increased dose so should be able to get it down below 150!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.