Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UK food banks
21 April 2012, 06:47,
UK food banks
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16213051

It just goes to show how hard we are being hit by rising taxes and prices.
Failure is NOT an option
21 April 2012, 11:42,
RE: UK food banks
(21 April 2012, 06:47)uks Wrote: http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16213051

It just goes to show how hard we are being hit by rising taxes and prices.

this subject is very current in our nearest large town where factories have been laying off and a food bank started some months ago, it always amazes me how people as soon as they are laid off go running to the food banks but in the good times they cant be bothered to lay in a food stock for hard times!i was made redundant 3 times(only once get i get redundancy pay) and was unemployed several times but still managed to not only feed myself but ran several motor bikes as well.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 April 2012, 12:53,
The food banks and soup kitchens have always been there, they'll always be there, and if you've ever had to use them like I did to feed your kids, it ain't no fun.

There is a HUGE amount of people in the UK who live LITERALLY hand to mouth and it's getting worse. Some live rough, some in rental or B&B where there ain't a lot of money left after the rent or feeding the electricity meter for you to eat 7 days a week but you always put your kids first.

Just remember it's damn hard to lay supplies away when you only have a £10 a week in your pocket after bills and no home to call your own.

21 April 2012, 13:02,
its best not to have kids if people cant afford to feed them! but then you'll never be able to explain to people that having kids is a priviledge not a right, try telling that to Jade from the council estate who just had her 9th child(named clamiddia?) from her 10th partner!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 April 2012, 18:16,
(21 April 2012, 12:53)Paul Wrote: The food banks and soup kitchens have always been there, they'll always be there, and if you've ever had to use them like I did to feed your kids, it ain't no fun.

There is a HUGE amount of people in the UK who live LITERALLY hand to mouth and it's getting worse. Some live rough, some in rental or B&B where there ain't a lot of money left after the rent or feeding the electricity meter for you to eat 7 days a week but you always put your kids first.

Just remember it's damn hard to lay supplies away when you only have a £10 a week in your pocket after bills and no home to call your own.
http://survivalblog.com/2012/03/prepping...-fred.html
Remember the pound has more spending power than the dollar
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
21 April 2012, 22:17,
£10 don't buy you as much this week as last week and next week you'll probably need a sub.
Just imagine if tomorrow TPTB decided to add VAT to all food not just hot pasties.

I wonder how far would £10 will go then after the supermarkets add the VAT and round up prices.

Now that's truely frightening!

21 April 2012, 23:18,
Yeah, that's just the way people are and always will be.

We're taught how to deal with money from our parents. The majority of children born in the UK are born to low income families. Hey, guess what financial education they'll get......?

Doesn't look good for the UK does it?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 April 2012, 10:41,
i really dont understand people these days, i'm NOT talking homeless or in B&B's although i knew enough people like that when we lived in Glastonbury, i'm talking ordinary families possibly in rented or owned properties, when the times are good they have their 2 even 3 cars and their 2 foreign holidays each year but they just CANT buy a few extra tins per week so they've got a backup in the bad times, i have seen it all too much around here in the last year, as soon as they get laid off, all of a sudden there is no food in the cupboard and they go running to the food bank.
22 April 2012, 10:55,
Why would they buy extra food and prepare for bad times? They are winning the game, they are doing good! They don't want to think about what might happen their untouchable they have thier place in the world. Anyone who preps or doesn't believe in the governments every word is clearly insane Wink

Most people don't think about this stuff because they are sugar coated in their ability to consume without thinking. Only 60/70 years ago we lived off the land during the war, we need to head back to that i think.
Failure is always an option.
22 April 2012, 11:03,
everyone needs to be responsible for their own actions-that is what is wrong with this country! dont do the crime if you cant do the time, if someone has kids then feeding and clothing them is the parents responsibility no-one elses, if you walk out into the woods or onto Dartmoor make sure you've got the right equipment, the amount of people who have been helicoptered off Dartmoor wearing a shirt, shorts and trainers-nothing else-is mind boggling!