Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How the Olympics are draining YOUR streets of police
22 April 2012, 14:12,
RE: How the Olympics are draining YOUR streets of police
Indeed BP or the Woman that had to jump out of the window into the arms of the people below.
I wasn't referring to riots = bugging out just the way you think you can take on the world Scythe, rioting mobs were on my estate last time but I didn't run for hills coz I've already identified where the line of danger is and until it's crossed I'm staying put.
22 April 2012, 14:21,
I'm sorry to say this PG, but I think you have a massively mistaken perception of me.

I don't think I can take on the world. What I said was about getting ready to watch the fun outside with binoculars and:
(22 April 2012, 11:57)Scythe13 Wrote: Oh, should probably add that I will be prepared should someone/someones come knocking on my door while plod are away.

In this area, it's pretty rough, and burglaries are quite low. So that's an issue I'm not hugely bothered with. I think it's more likely to be rioting in the streets below, than it would be a burglary at my home. I probably should have stated that in the first place.

Also, your statement of recognising the line of danger is very true. As have I recognised my line of danger. Considering the shops I live above and in the area of, the odds of looting the shops and doors below me are very low! Nobody will be breaking in to steal what they sell.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 April 2012, 14:24,
what about good old ARSON though Scythe? not bothering to steal, but just setting fires for the hell of it( we had a case of junior "firesetters"-thats what the fire brigade call them-around here just last year), if your up on the roof your going to be in a dangerous situation, my friend.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 April 2012, 14:28,
Actually Scythe I think I've got you down to a T Smile
22 April 2012, 14:53,
(22 April 2012, 14:24)bigpaul Wrote: what about good old ARSON though Scythe? not bothering to steal, but just setting fires for the hell of it( we had a case of junior "firesetters"-thats what the fire brigade call them-around here just last year), if your up on the roof your going to be in a dangerous situation, my friend.

I've thought about that already mate.

The roofs are all linked, but they're not easy to get up to. So once I'm up there, I have free reign of about 6 or 7 shops. They actually lead to the carpark where I park my car, so I always have that as an option out. Because of opsec I'm not showing anyone my place, but if you were here, you'd realise the number of escape routes available. I actually think, in a riot situation or arson situation, being on my roof would be safer, just because I can then jump down to lower roofs nearby and can then go across them to get away from the situation.

(22 April 2012, 14:28)Prep Girl Wrote: Actually Scythe I think I've got you down to a T Smile

Okay then PG. But if you have a problem with what I'm saying, why not add an alternative for someone to think about, instead of making it into a personal attack and calling me out on the forum. If you have an issue with me as a person, please let's keep it to PM's, as it not cool to challenge people online when you don't know them, what they've done, what they're doing, what they've been through, and loads of other things.

Next time just say "I completely disagree. I think....." Like what I've done with WnC or BP or NR, or even SD, many times. WnC was getting it quite recently from me and TL in a discussion about going lightweight on our BOB's. There was no name calling, or calling anyone out, or anything like that. It was all very cordial and a good discussion, and we all learned a lot about hot to use a BOB and about each others perspectives. If you're not keen on doing that, then let's just not comment on each other? I think that's a reasonable resolution. Saying someone's opinion is not the same as yours is okay. But calling someone out and making it a personal attack saying they're full of hot air is just not cool.
22 April 2012, 14:58,
(22 April 2012, 14:53)Scythe13 Wrote:
(22 April 2012, 14:24)bigpaul Wrote: what about good old ARSON though Scythe? not bothering to steal, but just setting fires for the hell of it( we had a case of junior "firesetters"-thats what the fire brigade call them-around here just last year), if your up on the roof your going to be in a dangerous situation, my friend.

The roofs are all linked, but they're not easy to get up to. So once I'm up there, I have free reign of about 6 or 7 shops. They actually lead to the carpark where I park my car, so I always have that as an option out. Because of opsec I'm not showing anyone my place, but if you were here, you'd realise the number of escape routes available. I actually think, in a riot situation or arson situation, being on my roof would be safer, just because I can then jump down to lower roofs nearby and can then go across them to get away from the situation.

(22 April 2012, 14:28)Prep Girl Wrote: Actually Scythe I think I've got you down to a T Smile

Okay then PG. But if you have a problem with what I'm saying, why not add an alternative for someone to think about, instead of making it into a personal attack and calling me out on the forum. If you have an issue with me as a person, please let's keep it to PM's, as it not cool to challenge people online when you don't know them, what they've done, what they're doing, what they've been through, and loads of other things.

Next time just say "I completely disagree. I think....." Like what I've done with WnC or BP or NR, or even SD, many times. WnC was getting it quite recently from me and TL in a discussion about going lightweight on our BOB's. There was no name calling, or calling anyone out, or anything like that. It was all very cordial and a good discussion, and we all learned a lot about hot to use a BOB and about each others perspectives. If you're not keen on doing that, then let's just not comment on each other? I think that's a reasonable resolution. Saying someone's opinion is not the same as yours is okay. But calling someone out and making it a personal attack saying they're full of hot air is just not cool.

I've said every thing I have to say to in answer to your PM
23 April 2012, 16:05,
(22 April 2012, 14:53)Scythe13 Wrote:

Arson fire would start at ground level, can't use the front door, so you have to go up. I'm be on the roof like a shot, straight over to the car park and away. Sounds like a plan.

Plus going back to the other point about being able to see / deal with people coming through the front door. If you're above the buggers you can chuck what you want on 'em. Got a really sugary hot coffee? Juggling bricks? Wink
23 April 2012, 16:46,
There is method in the madness.
24 April 2012, 02:59,
I personally think from what you have described Scythe that the roof is the best option, flat roof, more than one exit and your suggesting observation and retreat, I would do the same in your position.

Mobs come in from ground floor up your covered.

Fire starts from ground floor up you’re covered.

And anyone tries climb through your sky light then good kick in the face your covered.

Flat roofs with more than one option of escape your covered.

Unorthodox thinking not many will go to the roof most will just be cattle causing damage like the rest of the herd, you’re covered.

I would suggest you rethink the car thing though; it might not be wise to enter a car during a riot Scythe for me that’s the flaw in your plan.
24 April 2012, 09:14,
the trouble in any scenario in going UP may be that you get trapped on high ground/roof and any escape is blocked from below, by mobs/fire/or other threat, being up high may be ok for a sniper but you've always got the problem of getting down again.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.