Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
South of England meetup
25 April 2012, 15:53,
Question  South of England meetup
I've spotted that there are more and more new members appearing on here, almost daily. Anyone in the Southampton / Portsmouth area want to get a meet going? Nothing too preppy to start with, just a beer an a chin-wag somewhere. Be good to meet more like-minded people in the area.
25 April 2012, 19:02,
RE: South of England meetup
With work I'll be in that area of a while, in the next few months, so I'll pop in. I think I owe you a beer or 2 anyway mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 May 2012, 22:37,
I'd be up for that. I have just looked at a map for a nice place that is kind of central between Portsmouth and Southampton. But the central point seems to be Segensworth... and that failed to inspire me at all. All I can think of there is a garden centre and that man who has a Sopwith Camel parked in his front garden. Neither are ideal meet up locations.
11 May 2012, 23:31,
(11 May 2012, 22:37)Tonka Wrote: I'd be up for that. I have just looked at a map for a nice place that is kind of central between Portsmouth and Southampton. But the central point seems to be Segensworth... and that failed to inspire me at all. All I can think of there is a garden centre and that man who has a Sopwith Camel parked in his front garden. Neither are ideal meet up locations.

Haha, certainly doesn't sound inspiring! Looks like there's some nice pubs in Fareham. I'm just off Jct 8 of M27, so not too far from Portsmouth. Only been here a month though, so don't have a clue where anything is.
Gotta be a decent pub somewhere? I don't mind travelling to Portsmouth if you know of a nice pub?
12 May 2012, 17:19,
A Sopwith Camel? Sounds great. Does it fly?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 May 2012, 20:13,
I'm just off Junction 11, so pretty close, and no need for either of us to drive into either city.
I'm not usually found in pubs, so I'm no expert, but there's a nice clifftop place with sea views in Hill Head that's about halfway between us: http://osborneviewhillhead.co.uk/
If there's a few of us for a weekend outdoor meet, then Hollybank is good, but more of us may mean the central point moves.

I don't think the Camel is kept in a 'ready to fly'state. It's more doing the job of the coolest garden gnome ever.

13 May 2012, 12:29,
Aw! As they are pretty basic it is probably able to be fixed.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin