Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scientists call to arms
28 April 2012, 12:19,
RE: Scientists call to arms
40 years ago my mums food bank was the Salvation Army and the union soup kitchen.

Do I feel better off in this scientifically analysed, modern, money driven world?
Not one bit. It's a perception, age, education, or clever marketing thingy I'm thinking.

Old fart like me looks round and still thinks in pounds, shillings, and pence.
I want something, I save. New school looks round and reaches for the credit card.
I make do or repair, they junk and replace.

Personally I was hoping that the banks were going to go bang right at the start of all this trouble BUT they didn't.
I've also been waiting for the Euro to crash. It hasn't.
There lies the problem. Banking, trade, money, credit, greed, or is that just another set of words for government.
I get excited everytime someones writes the financial world has gone bad or going into meltdown.
Then, next line down, TPTB find more dosh and the status quo is re established.

All these affect population as well.
My thoughts on population control?
Kill off the above i.e. banking, trade, money, credit, greed, and TPTB. The population will half overnight and the ferries will do a roaring trade taking people back across the channel.

I'm reaching the state of mind where I don't care what happens (sheeple mentality) just as long as SOMETHING happens (and the prepper brain kicks back in).

As for the scientists, I've got little faith.
Some of them are still dropping buttered bread to prove that there is still is a 50-50 chance it'll land butter side up.

28 April 2012, 13:47,
(28 April 2012, 12:19)Paul Wrote: 40 years ago my mums food bank was the Salvation Army and the union soup kitchen.

Do I feel better off in this scientifically analysed, modern, money driven world?
Not one bit. It's a perception, age, education, or clever marketing thingy I'm thinking.

Old fart like me looks round and still thinks in pounds, shillings, and pence.
I want something, I save. New school looks round and reaches for the credit card.
I make do or repair, they junk and replace.

Personally I was hoping that the banks were going to go bang right at the start of all this trouble BUT they didn't.
I've also been waiting for the Euro to crash. It hasn't.
There lies the problem. Banking, trade, money, credit, greed, or is that just another set of words for government.
I get excited everytime someones writes the financial world has gone bad or going into meltdown.
Then, next line down, TPTB find more dosh and the status quo is re established.

All these affect population as well.
My thoughts on population control?
Kill off the above i.e. banking, trade, money, credit, greed, and TPTB. The population will half overnight and the ferries will do a roaring trade taking people back across the channel.

I'm reaching the state of mind where I don't care what happens (sheeple mentality) just as long as SOMETHING happens (and the prepper brain kicks back in).

As for the scientists, I've got little faith.
Some of them are still dropping buttered bread to prove that there is still is a 50-50 chance it'll land butter side up.
yep, you wont get any arguement from me! the reason why the country is in such a mess is that people want something, they want it now, and they havent got the self control to save up for it, it goes on the credit card, when one credit card is full, they get another one and pay off the first one using the second one and so it goes on, have a look at that person in front of you at the tills next time, i bet they've got 6 credit cards in their purse or wallet, i've heard of people putting the mortgage on the credit card.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 April 2012, 09:17,
If the banks had collapsed, we'd be okay now. Need evidence? Iceland.

The day I'm looking forward to is when yarning comes back as a family skill. Which doesn't look likely, because you can buy 4 sets of socks for £2ish. Many things in life are just disposeable, which leads to polution, waste, and a hell of a lot of consumerism.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 April 2012, 09:26,
Scientists have moved onto pigeons.

Stellar stuff.
Scientists discover the secret behind pigeons' built-in GPS.

What a waste of time. Better they found a good recipe for them.
My whole arguement against them this is. The world is going to pot so they concentrate on pigeons.

Couple of days ago world population, today pigeons. AngryI give up!Angry

29 April 2012, 09:40,
I think they're probably different scientists (I hope haha).

The principles are right. The science of what they say is right. The problem is the practicality and implementation.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin