Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Place in Society
5 May 2012, 21:30,
Place in Society
Hi Everyone

I made this into an under-forum thread, but it's probably something many people deserve to have brought to their attention.

Depending on what you think will happen, where do you plan to be once society has stabilised?

Personally (based on opinion and not fact) I believe society will probably become similar to how it is right now (depending on the event).

I know John expects the event to change us back to ancient times.

Other people believe medieval, and others think different things entirely. Everything we believe is based on our perceptions.

Whatever you think society will revert back to, once everything is stable, have you considered where you'll fit into the situation and how you'll enhance you standard of living?

Because I believe we'll return to this same style of life, I plan to be in a better situation then, than I currently am in. Because I believe a financial collapse is the most likely event, I'm planning to benefit (financially) from the situation. Namely, I'm investing in items (largely precious metals) that will be worth more during a financial collapse.

What do you think we will return to, and how do you plan to better yourself after it?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 May 2012, 21:38,
RE: Place in Society
I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, providing for the family. I don't care too much for the way things are now, almost anything's gonna be better than this Smile
5 May 2012, 21:49,
(5 May 2012, 21:38)00111001 Wrote: I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, providing for the family. I don't care too much for the way things are now, almost anything's gonna be better than this Smile

Forever the optimist mate haha.

That's fair. But right now is the opportunity to greatly benefit from when society does return to 'normal'.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 May 2012, 22:03,
(5 May 2012, 21:49)Scythe13 Wrote:
(5 May 2012, 21:38)00111001 Wrote: I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, providing for the family. I don't care too much for the way things are now, almost anything's gonna be better than this Smile

Forever the optimist mate haha.

That's fair. But right now is the opportunity to greatly benefit from when society does return to 'normal'.

I see what you're saying - I'm not really looking to benefit though, I'll be using it as an opportunity to disappear from the rat race altogether, slip away under the radar. I have a feeling whatever comes next will be either back to basics (perfect) or a military/police controlled state (thugs with guns).
6 May 2012, 12:06,
i think we NEED to get back to a better situation, civilisation has got too money orientated, people are too materialistic, and the politicians are no better than thieves, so i WANT a big die off where things DONT go back to "normal" at all...never mind after a short time! an event where we all go back to living on the land, growing our own food and breeding animals for meat, where you have to work to live and eat.....no place for benefit scroungers, a bit like an English tribe of AmishBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 May 2012, 13:30,
Alive and left alone.

Hopefully that will be the case but I fear that some cretin will want to build a better world.
There will be government, police, and even an army to enforce their will.
Their society will expect you to conform.
You'll all have to contribute to the greater good.
They'll write new laws, control resources, restrict your freedoms, and ignore your protests.
They'll make you all work to their tune and punish those who don't.

Rather like what is happening today.

So as I said, alive would be nice in a world free of today.

6 May 2012, 14:52,
i agree...alive and left alone! i'll be far enough out that THEY will have a job finding me anyway!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 May 2012, 19:22,
I don't think we'll need to worry about finances mate , we'll all be too busy struggling to survive.

I hope to be alive and healthy , with my family at my side.
Hopefully beside like-minded people.

I think the country on a whole will revert to a ' dark ages ' civilisation style.

Probably urban areas grouping together in some form of local government...and using their neighbouring rural communities as a food basket.

Providing of course , the Army doesn't declare martial law and actively remove any or all forms of insurrection....in that case I will move towards the nearest garrison area and offer whatever help I can in return for my family being helped.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
7 May 2012, 09:05,
when TSHTF it will effect ALL types of people not just civilians! a national event, a natural disaster or a pandemic will effect ALL of civilisation, OK it might have more of an effect on the very young and the very old, but NO ONE will be exempt from the effects and to say one trade or profession is going to lord it over any other trade or profession is just "pie in the sky" and pure snobbery.