Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermal kit
24 November 2011, 14:38,
RE: Thermal kit
I go for the norgie, pullover fleece if really cold and then windproof and waterproof with one of the Arktis smocks that was on "offer" through Endicoots of Exeter, virtually next door to the Arktis factory. My main problem is really cold feet - I seem to have poor circulation down that end and need to keep my ankles warm. It was so bad last winter I actually went back to wearing puttees!! That dates me!
25 November 2011, 18:11,
if you can stand it TKMaxx - no I don't know what I was doing in there either - have thermal underwear and fleece sets on quite a reasonable offer at the moment. Been in there today and gor some decent Trekmates gear at "third off" prices. Sizes a bit iffy for us ahem well built types.
5 January 2012, 13:26,
I'm all for TKMaxx! It's not a fashion show, it's survival. Why not go there and get good quality thermals at a good price?

Proud of you mate. Good work.
6 January 2012, 20:46,
To increase circulation and thereby warmth in the feet, Sprinkle Cayenne pepper in your socks or, When they have been washed soak them in a tea made from the Cayenne pepper. Kenneth Eames.
7 January 2012, 21:40,
(6 January 2012, 20:46)Kenneth Eames Wrote: To increase circulation and thereby warmth in the feet, Sprinkle Cayenne pepper in your socks or, When they have been washed soak them in a tea made from the Cayenne pepper. Kenneth Eames.

Specific problem specific answer Much appreciated I'll hope it works. Thanks KE!
15 April 2012, 01:44,
Good answer KE !

Don't forget to check those fishing shops also.

The carp fishing fraternity have a good line on all of this kit , fleeced inner longjohns with 'stirrups' on the legs , so the leg doesnt ride up when in your sleeping bag , and roll neck fleeced inner tops.

Very good insulaters and ideal as base layers , some are even 'breathable as they are meant to be used under breathable fishing waders.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.