Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flooding on Somerset Levels
9 May 2012, 17:32,
Flooding on Somerset Levels
now imagine this is after TSHTF and there is no power for the pumps!: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-17950604 dont forget The Somerset Levels are below sea level!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2012, 18:08,
RE: Flooding on Somerset Levels

Crikey! If the weather heads my way, I may need me wellies and bug out bag will need water wings and an outboard! Thank god for Vermuyden.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
9 May 2012, 18:09,
(9 May 2012, 17:32)bigpaul Wrote: now imagine this is after TSHTF and there is no power for the pumps!: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-17950604 dont forget The Somerset Levels are below sea level!

As is much of Lincolnshire.

9 May 2012, 18:15,
and dont forget canvey island in essex ,
9 May 2012, 20:22,
Time to practice raft building! lol
9 May 2012, 21:21,
I was in Somerset at the time and can confirm that the flooding was so severe that the lorries delivering the hose-pipe ban leaflets were washed away. The water board have loaned rigid inflatables from the RNLI to patrol the area and enforce the ban. Anyone caught using a sprinkler faces a £1000 fine.

But seriously though, this is something my friends in East Anglia are worried about. It always amazes me when driving around there to look up to see the river levels twelve feet or so above the apparent 'ground level'.

I guess there is a useful spin off this for the PTB as all the time the rain is falling outside the tv inside is screaming at us that there is a drought. The old 'Dont believe you eyes believe what we are telling you' mantra.
10 May 2012, 09:34,
we lived in Glastonbury for 10 years and this was a regular occurence, the rivers didnt come over the banks they came THROUGH them!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.