Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK collective retreats
7 July 2012, 18:58,
RE: UK collective retreats
i am personally against groups of 20-30, i think this is too large a group and will lead to arguements and ill-feeling, if i joined a group...and its a big IF... i feel the maximum number should be 5-6, large enough to get the work done but not so large to be falling over each other, small enough to get to know each other and to know each others strengths and weaknesses.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 July 2012, 19:04,
(7 July 2012, 18:58)bigpaul Wrote: i am personally against groups of 20-30, i think this is too large a group and will lead to arguements and ill-feeling, if i joined a group...and its a big IF... i feel the maximum number should be 5-6, large enough to get the work done but not so large to be falling over each other, small enough to get to know each other and to know each others strengths and weaknesses.

i got agree on 5-6 being a perfect group size...although im not adverse to larger groups of 20-30.....mostly it depends how long ago the SHTF
7 July 2012, 19:08,
(7 July 2012, 19:04)Hrusai Wrote:
(7 July 2012, 18:58)bigpaul Wrote: i am personally against groups of 20-30, i think this is too large a group and will lead to arguements and ill-feeling, if i joined a group...and its a big IF... i feel the maximum number should be 5-6, large enough to get the work done but not so large to be falling over each other, small enough to get to know each other and to know each others strengths and weaknesses.

i got agree on 5-6 being a perfect group size...although im not adverse to larger groups of 20-30.....mostly it depends how long ago the SHTF

I'm hoping TSHTF will be permanent!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 July 2012, 19:19,
(7 July 2012, 19:08)bigpaul Wrote:

same here, but i mean if it was 5 years since Teotwawki then i would start looking to form a larger group
7 July 2012, 19:25,
(7 July 2012, 19:19)Hrusai Wrote:
(7 July 2012, 19:08)bigpaul Wrote:

same here, but i mean if it was 5 years since Teotwawki then i would start looking to form a larger group
if we had been living quite happily for 5 years post SHTF-why look for a larger group? maybe i would be looking for a RV .
7 July 2012, 19:39,
(7 July 2012, 19:25)bigpaul Wrote: if we had been living quite happily for 5 years post SHTF-why look for a larger group? maybe i would be looking for a RV .

to start rebuilding society and forming a cohesive society, sure it wouldnt be an imperative but personally i'd like to begin to pave the way to renewal

the rv idea is a good one xD

on a seperate note i think i found my BOL Wink
7 July 2012, 19:44,
(7 July 2012, 19:39)Hrusai Wrote:
(7 July 2012, 19:25)bigpaul Wrote: if we had been living quite happily for 5 years post SHTF-why look for a larger group? maybe i would be looking for a RV .

to start rebuilding society and forming a cohesive society, sure it wouldnt be an imperative but personally i'd like to begin to pave the way to renewal

the rv idea is a good one xD

on a seperate note i think i found my BOL Wink
society has been f##ked up for years, why on earth would you want to rebuild it? i'd prefer to keep it the way it was, K.I.S.S.( keep it simple, stupid) nice low key agricultural community.
7 July 2012, 20:19,
We probably wouldn't have any other option in the short to mid term (however long that is?Big Grin) There could be quite a strong feeling agaiNST REBUILDING SOCIET IN THE FORM OF THE OLD ONE. tHAT COULD CAUSE SOME TENSIONS BETWEEN GROUPS IN THE LONGER TERM. (EXCUSE CAPS - AGAIN - tired)
7 July 2012, 21:39,
i didnt say i was gonna rebuild it in the image of the old one did i?
7 July 2012, 23:17,
And you didn't say you weren't did you?

Unless you say you wish to rebuild it in a different way, then it is perceived that you wish to rebuild it based on what we already have.

Nevertheless, in the future ATSHTF, & then some, it could cause friction between groups who wish to rebuild on the model we have now and those groups who wish for something different for their Post Apocolyptic future.