Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
article on bulk buying/storing
15 May 2012, 18:44, (This post was last modified: 15 May 2012, 18:55 by Nemesis.)
article on bulk buying/storing
its quite interesting once you get past the first bit, nothing we dont already know, but maybe its news to the sheeple?Big Grin http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/would-y...asta-.html

(Fixed WnC)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 May 2012, 19:34,
RE: article on bulk buying/storing
Interestingly enough it is too expensive. In the article they calculate that 1 Kg of Pasta at £1.35 comes to £695 for that tub. They charge £350. However, I can get pasta for £0.55 a Kg. So buying those works out cheaper.

The onlt thing about buying so much, for us anyway, is we need to split it to store it and then we have to repackage.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 May 2012, 09:19,

I agree SD. I have been around a couple of cash and carry places, and found most things I wanted to buy in bulk more expensive than in the supermarket. As for multibuys, oh you have to be careful there!
The repackaging thing is my biggest problem as there is just 2 of us.
Still, it was an interesting read.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
16 May 2012, 09:53,
we have the same problem TOF as there are just the 2 of us plus the dog, so large bulk buys are out of the question, too much repackaging and nowhere to store it all, so we'll stick to supermarket buying.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 May 2012, 10:16,

My storage mantra is rotation, rotation, rotation!Big Grin

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
16 May 2012, 11:47,
(16 May 2012, 10:16)TOF Wrote: My storage mantra is rotation, rotation, rotation!Big Grin

ditto,ditto,dittoBig GrinBig Grin