Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Block on long term food.
15 April 2013, 10:19,
RE: Block on long term food.
I got freeze dried food from the US and got absolutely bent over by customs and had to pay a ridiculous amount so be careful
16 April 2013, 02:34, (This post was last modified: 16 April 2013, 02:43 by Mortblanc.)
RE: Block on long term food.
I do not worry about extreme long term shelf life. The containers the food is packed in will not last the extent of the projected shelf life.

I don't have 35 years left, why should I store for a 35 year incident?

Doubt I would last 15 months in a true SHTF situation due to lack of meds.

I have a year supply set aside and rotate it out. I eat out of my supply pantry daily and restock weekly.

No powdered eggs for me thank you, I have chickens in the back yard.

Coffee and tea is my big downfall. Every time I go to resupply it has gone up in price, and not by just a little.

Fortunately I have resupply on my tea comming from you folks. We can not get decent tea over here and one of my Brit friends sends me a supply every now and then.

WAAAAAAY better than what we have!

This is going to rub you anti-religious folk the wrong way, but the Church of Latter Day Saints runs an excellent food storage program that is open to the public. I understand they are a strong group in Great Britian and I am sure they run the same programs over there.

Their church has undergone so much perscution that they require their members to be self sufficient for 1 year.

Not promoting their religion, only the services they provide

http://www.providentliving.org/self-reliance?lang=eng

Due to thuis being a religious group they probably avoid some of the duties and import charges.

They also do canning and on the location food storage.