Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Morning from FREEEEEZING cold Scotland
18 May 2012, 14:30,
RE: Morning from FREEEEEZING cold Scotland
Debbie was from near Birmingham or Derby IIRC , cant honestly remember, equally there were about three families from Cardiff or Swansea whose names i cannt remember, Then David from Norfolk area IIRC, There was a Richard from south of Brum again dunno what happened to him, The three old timers on here will prolly PM you if they want to raise their profile.

I believe one of the Johns on here is in touch with Neil Mk 1, he may be able to assist you.

18 May 2012, 14:59,
That Richard could be me... Originate from the Midlands, but lived in Wales for twenty odd years, then not long moved up here.

Thanks though.
Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
18 May 2012, 15:56,
Welcome Morgan.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
18 May 2012, 23:34,
Welcome mate , from a equally balmy central Scotland ! pmsl. Tongue
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
19 May 2012, 00:39,
Hello Morgan, ...from as far South as you can go on the UK mainland without getting wet.

I know what you mean about marketing. I actually left doing it for some big national names and now I do it for a charity. It is better for the soul, but my bank account is much lighter. The main advantage is I don't have to go near London any more.
19 May 2012, 10:01,
Good morning!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
21 May 2012, 07:36,
Morning again!
Nice weekend, spent the day Yesterday over at Hopetoun House by Edinburgh at the Scottish Bird Fair, loads of lovely binoculars to drool over and some good book stalls. Friendly crowd as well.

Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
30 May 2012, 19:26,
Morning (Everyone else said morning, so I will too)

Welcome to the forum. I've heard a bit about SGUK so it's good to have another one of the originals on here.

We're a friendly bunch and by the sound of it, you already have some established friends.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 May 2012, 20:01, (This post was last modified: 30 May 2012, 20:03 by NorthernRaider.)
UKSG not SGUK it was / is just slightly younger than the Widening Gyre group ran by Nemesis. Bloody good crowd of people back then
IIRC there was Nick, Shaun, Steve,Debbie, Gavin, Three Neils, Richard, Phil, David, Andy, Norman, another Debbbie, Clare, Alistair, Mike, and a few others.
Just remembered that 13 people attended our first RV in Birmingham with some folks travelling from overseas to attend, these days we are lucky if two people attend and will travel more than 20 miles.

30 May 2012, 20:58,
Back then it was a lot more serious. More based on the US guides.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin