Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survivors
21 May 2012, 13:28,
RE: Survivors
i have just done some calculations based on the 1 in 5,000 survival rate, in a 13 mile radius of where i currently live there would only be 2 survivors! in the whole of North Devon there would only be 17 survivors...including 4 in Barnstaple, there would be 30 in Exeter and 50 in Plymouth.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 May 2012, 14:50,
If my calculations are right in bristol there would be 80 survivors but with a pandemic I think only 10/20% of that would survive
Also bearing in mind that in cities your only 2-3 feet away from a rat at any time we would basically be up s**ts creek without a paddle if the plague hit us. At the first sign of the plague hitting a town or village near us I would be off like a rocket
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
21 May 2012, 14:58, (This post was last modified: 21 May 2012, 15:39 by bigpaul.)
(21 May 2012, 12:05)00111001 Wrote:
(21 May 2012, 12:00)bigpaul Wrote: even in my small town 1300 bodies would be a huge task to get rid of.

FIRE Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

you are so right, after emptying all the houses of any tinned or dried food and anything remotely "useful", then set fire to the whole place and head for the BOL!!Big Grin
(21 May 2012, 14:50)Pagan-Mist Wrote: If my calculations are right in bristol there would be 80 survivors but with a pandemic I think only 10/20% of that would survive
Also bearing in mind that in cities your only 2-3 feet away from a rat at any time we would basically be up s**ts creek without a paddle if the plague hit us. At the first sign of the plague hitting a town or village near us I would be off like a rocket

not just cities(for rats), we had a rat in the garden last year and we are in a rural area, got a mouse in the garden at the moment...keeps the dog occupiedBig Grin i think the rat has gone as you dont usually find rats and mice in the same place. The plague was spread by black rats our usual ones are the brown variety..dont know what the difference is...if any. any sign of a pandemic near here and we are off to the BOL...fast.Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2012, 17:07,
OH has just read something to me from Survivors-the book, the survivors only had stocks for up to 6 months, they then had to go scavenging for food to last them the next 6 months...personally i'd be doing that every moment i wasnt doing something else...certainly at least once a week minimum, roads were impassable and many just vanished as they were taken over by weeds, shrubs and trees within 5 years....personally i think it would be more like 2 years, ditches that once were regularly cleared would fill up and flood during the 2nd winter, bartering began after 4 years...twice a year during spring and autumn equinox's.
22 May 2012, 19:28,
BP,

I'm with you. I'll be adding to my stocks at every opportunity that it was safe to do so.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 May 2012, 21:23,
Watching the news again tonight and the reports from Greece about middle class pensioners actually approaching the news reporters and asking for food or money, families both Greek and Portugese are handing therir children over to charities cos they cannot afford to feed them. Then you come back home to hear the gummint is planning on adding £200 to our energy bills to pay rich people to build nuclear power stations.

The whole bloody world is going mad.

23 May 2012, 02:41,
(22 May 2012, 21:23)NorthernRaider Wrote: The whole bloody world is going mad.

Are we not meant to be shaken up all the time, just when we the "happy slaves" think we have a control do they not have to shake the shaker.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
23 May 2012, 08:41,
(21 May 2012, 14:58)bigpaul Wrote: The plague was spread by black rats our usual ones are the brown variety..dont know what the difference is...if any. any sign of a pandemic near here and we are off to the BOL...fast.Tongue

Ah, but it was the flea's on the rats that passed the plague on. You could get the same fleas on a cat/dog/mouse/monkey etc. So I don't think the colour of the rat matters?
23 May 2012, 09:51,
(23 May 2012, 08:41)00111001 Wrote:
(21 May 2012, 14:58)bigpaul Wrote: The plague was spread by black rats our usual ones are the brown variety..dont know what the difference is...if any. any sign of a pandemic near here and we are off to the BOL...fast.Tongue

Ah, but it was the flea's on the rats that passed the plague on. You could get the same fleas on a cat/dog/mouse/monkey etc. So I don't think the colour of the rat matters?

like i said, i dont know what the difference is..if any!
23 May 2012, 09:53,
(23 May 2012, 09:51)bigpaul Wrote:
(23 May 2012, 08:41)00111001 Wrote:

like i said, i dont know what the difference is..if any!

I prefer white rats Wink