Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survivors
13 March 2017, 17:23,
RE: Survivors
Being pedantic with Harry's statement.... I think that it is possible to survive alone, but not in the long term.

Short term alone would suit me fine, not that isn't likely to happen in my situation, but I'd survive. That is unless I became severely injured or sick of course.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

13 March 2017, 17:33,
(13 March 2017, 17:23)Lightspeed Wrote: Being pedantic with Harry's statement.... I think that it is possible to survive alone, but not in the long term.

Short term alone would suit me fine, not that isn't likely to happen in my situation, but I'd survive. That is unless I became severely injured or sick of course.

if you survive alone short term no reason why you cant survive long term.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2017, 18:16,
its more of a case of WHERE you are than what you are.
a lone prepper in the countryside has more chance of surviving than a group prepper in a big city.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2017, 18:18,
I don't think that many would wish to survive alone,we actually need company to keep us sane.even when we don't like the people we are with.
For some people it can be enough just to see another person and not to socialize with them,for instance observing them from a distance.
I know I read some funny stuff don't I?
13 March 2017, 18:23,
its being alone that keeps me sane, being with other people makes me nuts, seems i'm the exception to the rule? but then I've always known I was different-even from an early age.
13 March 2017, 19:25,
When you consider it most people will have died in their beds,very much easier as once you've popped into the downstairs and lifted the food etc,checked to see what magazines they read to see if there was an interest in shooting.
If you close doors and windows it's unlikely rats and mice will get in to most houses.
The only time we had them in the house was because the cat brought undead ones through the cat flap.
Then leave for a couple of years by which time they will have dried out and you can remove and burn them if you have an alternative use for the house.
I wouldn't automatically set fire to houses as fires are so unpredictable,and advertise your location.
Every fire will have been set by a human if theres no lecky ,self combustion doesn't happen that often,unless someone has recently thrown down a bottle,old bottles aren't clean enough to start fires.
Drawing a line from Southampton to Gloucester we have about 1216 likely survivors with about 10400 sq miles of land.
Given 3 or 4 years fish stocks would improve out of all relation to what they are now and could once again be a big part of the diet.
13 March 2017, 20:05,
" Being pedantic with Harry's statement.... I think that it is possible to survive alone, but not in the long term.

72 de"

Your spot on, you can't survive on your own for long. I'm in my forties, fit, and have very good survival/bushcraft skills...no offence Paul, your well into your seventies but guess who would die first out of the two of us??? Won't be me.

Instead of repetitive rants why not become an 'elder man' of prepping instead of repeating yourself thousands of times across multiplatforms/forums? Offer good solid evidence proven advice and gain respect instead of banging on with the same old shite.

I'd never heard of you until I had a PM from a member and to be honest I did a 'Google' and you have thousands of similar posts up.

All the best chap but get real.
ATB
Harry
13 March 2017, 23:09,
I'm in my forties, fit, and have very good survival/bushcraft skills...no offence Paul, your well into your seventies but guess who would die first out of the two of us??? Won't be me.

Well that explains a fair bit of the likes of YOU Harry.....wait around some ....let life hit the edges off and smooth you out a bit ...you have a long way to travel down the road ole son, if your lucky, why ? attack a fellow member harry , just because you see things another way , all you do is show your lack of understanding in how to argue your case ....cheap shots are cheap shots and moreover seen as just that....not only that but you even try to reinforce your none argument with .....this member pm'd me ....and google....cheap shots end up in the foot Harry....go sort them feet out matey. There is no need of this behaviour and certainly no gain for anyone .
14 March 2017, 01:59,
Are we talking bout the same BP?
14 March 2017, 08:36,
(13 March 2017, 20:05)harrypalmer Wrote: " Being pedantic with Harry's statement.... I think that it is possible to survive alone, but not in the long term.

72 de"

Your spot on, you can't survive on your own for long. I'm in my forties, fit, and have very good survival/bushcraft skills...no offence Paul, your well into your seventies but guess who would die first out of the two of us??? Won't be me.

Instead of repetitive rants why not become an 'elder man' of prepping instead of repeating yourself thousands of times across multiplatforms/forums? Offer good solid evidence proven advice and gain respect instead of banging on with the same old shite.

I'd never heard of you until I had a PM from a member and to be honest I did a 'Google' and you have thousands of similar posts up.

All the best chap but get real.
actually Harry I have a lifetimes experience of dealing with other people and problems that life throws at me, something younger people may not have.
I am also fitter and healthier(i'm not quite into my seventies just yet!!)than a lot of people half my age, I walk, I cycle, I exercise on a daily basis.