Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Twitter
21 May 2012, 11:01,
Twitter
Morning.

Any of you lot on Twitter? I have to do it for work, but I have a private account that keeps me sane during the day.

@marketstick if any of you are on there.

What do you think of it as a forum for us types?

Rich
Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
21 May 2012, 11:35,
RE: Twitter
Twitter is fine for sending instant messages but remember it is recorded and those using it need to be logged in to gain the maximum benefit. Connecting every few days is no different to email.

I have an account, which inexplicably some people are following, but I never use it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 May 2012, 11:35,
never been on twitter and i came off facebook about 6 months ago, found it all a bit mind numbing and irrelevant, so much idle chit chat, ok for the masses but not for someone with half a brain.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 May 2012, 11:42, (This post was last modified: 21 May 2012, 11:46 by Morgan.)
(21 May 2012, 11:35)bigpaul Wrote: never been on twitter and i came off facebook about 6 months ago, found it all a bit mind numbing and irrelevant, so much idle chit chat, ok for the masses but not for someone with half a brain.

You are very very right, sadly it's my job. But if you follow the right people you can get some great information off it. Heard about an event yesterday that we went to, if it had not been for Twitter we would have missed it. Great day out.

Oh, and I totally agree, there are better and more secure way's to talk if you need secure coms.
The Market Stick
21 May 2012, 12:31,
Don't use twitter. have a facebook account but dont use it. I get automated emails for facebook regular trying to encourage me to bump up their page hits so they can value their company even higher. I find that because I don't use facebook, then I am excluded from the social interaction I used to have because I am not in the loop anymore. This is mildly annoying as many friends feel that if others don't reply by Facebook to them, then they are not real friends. (they don't accept it goes the other way too) I feel that if real friends don't communicate with me outside their new focused world, then that is their choice. I find that while facebook may be useful for keeping up to date with friends etc, it has much more of a content of distraction and inane idle chit chat/gossip. Hey look at me in this pose - and this one, & this, & this & this etc etc etc. Aren't I a wonderful cool person??
This side of it which seems to be quite a % chunk, Is v.shallow and it shows that some of these people with this attitude and 1000's of friends are actually in reality lacking personal satisfaction with themselves. It's all a bit "Lovie" & gossipy to me. I don't feel the need to surround my mentality with superficial entities. Thats just my attitude to these social networking sites + I have other sensible resons for not wanting to be involved with them. This site is bad enough!
21 May 2012, 12:57,
It is frivolous and a bit crap, but Twitter is really quite useful for news flashes.
Facebook, I can't Wait to be able to quit it, but need it for work.

I HATE MY JOB!
The Market Stick
21 May 2012, 13:10,
Twitter and FB are just excessive security risks I reckon, don t use either any more.

21 May 2012, 13:20,
It's handy for speedy and very up to date news from the main news authorities.
The Market Stick
21 May 2012, 15:52,
life is too short for crap like that( facebook and twiter)
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 May 2012, 16:35,
(21 May 2012, 15:52)Barneyboy Wrote: life is too short for crap like that( facebook and twiter)

you are so right!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.