Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where can i get a decent tent
22 May 2012, 02:10,
where can i get a decent tent
I need to upgrade one of our tents I've been told to try go outdoors but wondered if anyone from bristol knows of any army surplus stores as I need other bits and also what the best make to get.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
22 May 2012, 08:44,
RE: where can i get a decent tent
hello go outdoors is the place just got three man atom 3 will do the job paid 40 pound Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 May 2012, 09:26,
Go Outdoors is fine for variety but they are more expensive than other shops. There is one near me and when they have a sale, as they just had, the prices reduce to what other shops sell things for.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 May 2012, 10:31,
Depends on what sort of tent you're looking for? If you want one of the brightly coloured plastic monstrosities, then go outdoors is alright. Blacks were having a sale a few weeks ago, they had a massive 8 man tent discounted from £600ish to £55. The wife wanted to buy it - even though we've got an 8 man tent and a 5 meter soul pad. Couldn't justify it though, even if it was a bargain.

Check out SoulPads or Bell Tents - good stuff, will last much longer than the others, can use wood burning stoves inside them - and they look cool Smile
22 May 2012, 12:24,
Sorry I should of explained In more detail. What I'm after is a 2-4 berth and.preferably green I did think about go outdoors but decided against it after reading reviews. I'm looking to pay upto
22 May 2012, 14:04,
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com Army issue Ridge tent 2 man £35
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2012, 14:18,
Wink  RE: where can i get a decent tent
Thankyou for the info Big Paul at those prices I would be able to get two and still have enough for another sleeping bag
22 May 2012, 14:27,
(22 May 2012, 14:18)Pagan-Mist Wrote: Thankyou for the info Big Paul at those prices I would be able to get two and still have enough for another sleeping bag

if you go on the tents page there are loads on there, quite cheap too, if i was looking for a new tent i'd like one of those Army Ridge tents...but then i'm old fashioned i prefer Ridge tents to any of these new fangled designs, i once spent a very windy holiday in North Wales and in the morning my ridge tent was the only one left standing, all the frame tents had blown down!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2012, 14:37,
Yes I did look at the ridge tents and they will suit us down to the ground many thanks