Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absent explained
25 May 2012, 09:30,
Absent explained
Rrrraaaaaagh!!!!

I'm back!!! anyone miss me? Haha

Well, since we've been having beautiful weather, it made total sense to get out and enjoy it.

Not many photos this time. Just a bunch of edible plants, so not really worth uploading (also my flickr account is almost full so have to sort that out).

I've been in the woods for 4 days with a quick trip home to pick up toothpaste. I did have plenty, but I kind of made a river peppermint fresh and found out that plastic toothpaste tube float. Anyway......

I've managed to be out in the woods for 4 days and have eaten nearly entirely natural foods. I even stomached a worm! Loads of protein, and the same flavour as snot!!! Even though the assumption of snot's flavour is vile, they actually taste very much like unclean potato (very earthy) but the texture had me heaving! If cooked, I bet they could be much more bareable! But raw and rinsed....frisking awful!!!

Other than learning more about plants, I've also realised the need for shade, and lots of it!!! This weather has been really hot and heavy! Not impressed with it!

Right, I'm back home and REALLY looking forward to a nice shower.

Sorry that this report is so short. Just thought I'd better explain where I've been hiding.

Oh yeah, and solar chargers are awesome, but useless when there's no Internet signal! However, I was playing lots of Need for Speed on the good old smart phone.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 May 2012, 09:39,
RE: Absent explained
If you take a solar shower you wouldn't even need to come home for that. I think you need to sort out mobile broadband as well. Live blogging is good.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
25 May 2012, 09:45,
RE: Absent explained
I didn't have any signal at all. Could make phone calls, and can turn one of my phones into a WiFi hotspot, but I couldn't get anything anywhere!

Might be doing a 'small' trip to a possible BoL I've been thinking about, in the next few weeks.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin