Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re unreported riots
27 May 2012, 16:31,
Re unreported riots
Has anyone else noticed the absence of news reports on the mainstream media about riots in Quebec ( anti- anti protest bans) Chicago ( anti capitalism) Paris ( anti everything and ethnic riots), Philipines (anti lady gaga). Yes some of this may appear at first glance to be rather trivial, but I'm noticing an increase in public dissent in many cities especially as we move into summer. Not only are the anti austerity/capitalism/repression/freedom/unemployment riots gathering pace but the response from the authoritiies is getting ever more harsh and repressive.

Just been watching cops( RT NEWS CHANNEL) in Quebec and Chicago really beating the snot out of what appeared to be fairly peaceful protesters.

My gut feeling is many cities are going to be rather troublesome this summer.

My

27 May 2012, 16:52, (This post was last modified: 27 May 2012, 17:24 by bigpaul.)
RE: Re unreported riots
(27 May 2012, 16:31)NorthernRaider Wrote: Has anyone else noticed the absence of news reports on the mainstream media about riots in Quebec ( anti- anti protest bans) Chicago ( anti capitalism) Paris ( anti everything and ethnic riots), Philipines (anti lady gaga). Yes some of this may appear at first glance to be rather trivial, but I'm noticing an increase in public dissent in many cities especially as we move into summer. Not only are the anti austerity/capitalism/repression/freedom/unemployment riots gathering pace but the response from the authoritiies is getting ever more harsh and repressive.

Just been watching cops( RT NEWS CHANNEL) in Quebec and Chicago really beating the snot out of what appeared to be fairly peaceful protesters.

My gut feeling is many cities are going to be rather troublesome this summer.

My
havent seen any of this, all the TV news channels are banging on about SYRIA!!

ah!! here we are, here's the Quebec one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18196331 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18210503
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 May 2012, 00:40,
It's very true. But we all know the media is controlled by spin doctors, and we're basically told what to worry about.

The real concern is when the news turns on and says we're at war! That's a concern because we'll find out a week late! That's a lot of time in prepping terms!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 June 2012, 06:52,
well i do support the anti lady gaga ones o.O....but yes the increase in civil unrest is becoming rather disconcerting, i can certainly imagine scenarios of civil war breaking out in 1st world countries Tongue