Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being the grey man
17 November 2011, 12:14,
RE: Being the grey man
It all comes down to the same thing - when things get bad you should look after your own (family, group, country). Unfortunately the UK seems to be sticking to the old appeasement policy of trying to curry favour in the EU and worldwide by squandering our meagre resources and ignoring the wishes of the majority of the electorate whilst we slide down the tube.
We should get out of the EU, dump overseas aid and divert some of that massive saving into rebuilding out armed forces and with the balance perhaps we could reduce our national debt.
Advice is what you seek when you know the answer but wish you didn't
17 November 2011, 16:14, (This post was last modified: 17 November 2011, 16:16 by mikebratcher69.)
Its ok you saying you dont want to add any more battalions of the rifles for cost purposes, but for a lot of young lads disregarding the cost of training etc.. especially for lads from disadvantaged backgrounds who commonly join the army. I.E. the salford chums from the 1st word war, poor lads from a poor background, sometimes it's the only real family they know and the only real food they've had. Even more so nowadays with the breakdown of families etc. I sent a lot of young lads on their merry way to the Army, yes you know they can be killed, but you do it anyway because for me and a lot of others they teach you everything you need to know,and in a way they're safer there than on the streets, because like the old saying goes" god always takes the good ones" well in my opinion he should take himself ouside and give himself a shake because he's left a boat load of arseholes behind...
Anyway rant over, you cant cuddle a missile at night, and I'm sure theres many a lady out there that would prefer to cuddle a soldier than a trident.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
17 November 2011, 16:49,
(17 November 2011, 16:14)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Its ok you saying you dont want to add any more battalions of the rifles for cost purposes, but for a lot of young lads disregarding the cost of training etc..

Erm who said they DIDNT want more battalions of Rifles ?

18 November 2011, 19:21,
@ SKVEZ: This is now the 5th time I've tried to post on this thread... Maybe this will work.

You are bang out of order saying those who argue for secession from the EU on the basis of the UK being a net donor might as well argue for England to cut NI and Scotland loose. Why?

1. NI & Scotland both sacrificed the cream of their youth in two world wars fighting under the union flag. We didn't do that to be compared to parasitic continental states.

2. The economies of both NI & Scotland have been regulated and heavily directed by centuries of decision-making in London, so if we're not little vibrant Switzerlands, guess what? It's not all our own fault.
18 November 2011, 22:11,
@crying

What is the posting problem. Contact me next time you have an issue and I will get it resolved.

I didn't see SKvez saying we should leave NI and Scotland he was making a logical point (I think)

However his point is flawed. NI and Scotland have the imbalance because of decisions by our politicians and it is not forced on them from outside like the rest of the EU spend is.

In my view we need out of the EU, that is the whole of the UK and we can sort ourselves out. The Barnett formula needs to be revisited but that is a seperate issue. The UK is England, Scotland, Wales and NI. Don't forget it. We were OK till politicians screwed it up..
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 November 2011, 22:37,
(18 November 2011, 22:11)Skean Dhude Wrote: @crying

What is the posting problem. Contact me next time you have an issue and I will get it resolved.

I didn't see SKvez saying we should leave NI and Scotland he was making a logical point (I think)

However his point is flawed. NI and Scotland have the imbalance because of decisions by our politicians and it is not forced on them from outside like the rest of the EU spend is.

In my view we need out of the EU, that is the whole of the UK and we can sort ourselves out. The Barnett formula needs to be revisited but that is a seperate issue. The UK is England, Scotland, Wales and NI. Don't forget it. We were OK till politicians screwed it up..

Thank you and comments appreciated! Also noted re posting probs!
25 December 2012, 10:03,
Greyman theory has always interested me, but due to my size didnt think it woould work. Lost my beard recently Sad that confused alot of people. But even people I work with didnt recognize me out of uniform. 99% of the time I have a hat on, but goes to show how something so simpleand cheap as a hat can help change your appearance
25 December 2012, 10:17,
Greyman is not all about appearance-its also about attitude, keeping a low profile and not getting noticed, things like not being a grumpy old so and so, not flying off the handle at the nuisance neighbour, not being the local drunk or pot head!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 December 2012, 10:49,
I probably stick out as im one of the few in the area that work and isnt drink and drug dependant