Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal defence kit ?
6 June 2012, 01:51,
RE: Personal defence kit ?
I welcome the comments grumpy and see them for what they are, but they do train fast this is a video "Book" he is making which I suggested he do so he don't forget it all as he is active in a few fighting arts, he in fact don't like them on YouTube and I only upped a few for a mate of mine.

As for free thinking the ninja master don’t really say much of anything he shows move you do the move he will correct student if need be then on to next moves, he is a quite bloke but trains/trained under a master hatsumi who is respected.

Regards the Muay boran he is taught both traditional and then modern take on it.

Krav maga his old teacher was bit to PC so he quit and I have found him a new teacher he starts when he is back from holiday.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
6 June 2012, 10:29,

Two things any girl worth her salt would never be without. Nice big metal nailfile, and a handbag sized can hairsprayDodgy

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
6 June 2012, 10:41,
w&c
glade you youngs train fast i see too many students moving too slow or only one person throwing a punch then the one doing the move with all the time in the world.
training to day has gone soft for reasons of pc
i have never thought much of krav maga to me it's just a mordern form of street fighting with a little ju jitsu and you know what i think of a little bit of knowladge.
i've never heard of muay boran but will look into it ?
as for the ninjustu it has so many levels to learn to the old way of watch and copy will only take you so far there should be theroy and explain the why's and how's ninjutsu is about mind, body and sprit working as one.
95% of the people i've spoken to lay claim to be a student of soke hatsumi but can't show the teaching licence that he would have give so they could teach or photo's of him and them together, before you could teach would take 15+ years as ninjutsu follows the old grading system of japan.
but if you son enjoys it then that good most kids just want to sit in front of the xbox all day
to win the war, you must be willing to die
6 June 2012, 13:57,
Muay boran, my best mate became a world champ few years ago, this all took place in Thailand, but then got locked up for 5 years so could not return to defend title.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_boran

My son’s ninjitsu teacher trains under Matsumi I have seen them in a photo and only last year he went and trained in a camp over there, (not my son)

I too am unsure about krav maga part of my likes it, and part don't, I will see how this new trainer teaches and go from there.

I have more to say but my keyboard got drink on it and I have lost a lot of letters, making it annoying to type. (on screen keyboard)

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
6 June 2012, 17:20,
I was trained in the schools of John Moses Browning and Samuel Colt Smile

6 June 2012, 19:22,
i was trained to be devious! lad at school used to bully me, one day he followed me home, charged up the drive with his head lowered, i waited until the last possible moment, moved out of the way and he collided head first into solid heavy wooden doors, he had a helleva headache for weeks, moral of this story: sneaky wins every time!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 June 2012, 23:11,
(5 June 2012, 23:54)WetandCold Wrote: One of my son’s does ninjutsu he teaches the family he also does muay boran and krav magna, I have a few milder videos of him on YouTube teaching my other family members.

I will find link and post.

Like TL asked I too am interested in your last comment shotgun thingy can you explain this, are you talking a tactical advance like a roll or something?

I enjoyed those clips. They reminded me of some things I'd do all the time and forgotten all about.

You've got it. It's pretty much just a roll. You just leap at the floor between you and them, land in a roll forward roll and bowl straight into their legs. It's pretty easy to do. I just never believed it would work. That's why I tried it with airsoft. It relies on the cumbersome nature for trying to re-aim a long weapon at the ground near your feet at speed, combined with that not being what a gunman usually expects. I know it works but it would take a pretty hefty pair of dangle berries to leap into a real pair of barrels packed with 00 buckshot.

It takes a bit of technique to rapidly disarm your opponent as they land on you and then spring back onto your feet. But it's nothing a beginner couldn't get the hang of pretty quick. At the time I was quite surprised it was possible to actually turn the tables like that with a little bit of knowledge.

I just hope not too many food cache raiding gunmen are reading this and stealing our secrets.
6 June 2012, 23:22,
I would hesitate to do that with someone armed with a gun but it is probably a good technique for most other weapons.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 June 2012, 01:30, (This post was last modified: 7 June 2012, 01:35 by grumpy old man.)
w&c
had a look at mauy boran i thought it would be like mauy thai but use the head as well, i like mauy thai but not as much as my ju jitsu your son should like it as well he should learn good strong kicks from it as it use's different methods than his ninjutsu,
the fighting art of ninjutsu is kempo and nimpo if you want i can tell you the rest of the things you son should be getting learnt, he should be learning how to use the other weapons as well but good luck in his studies the young body is best at learning these things
tonka
it also works because you charge a gun as you can never out run a bullet and the person pointing the gun never expects it.
it also helps to believe in yourself which is what you get from training hard and proper
you then know what you really can do
to win the war, you must be willing to die
7 June 2012, 21:46,
(6 June 2012, 23:22)Skean Dhude Wrote: I would hesitate to do that with someone armed with a gun but it is probably a good technique for most other weapons.
That's just the point. If you do hesitate that's when you get shot. It's not a sure fire win... it's one to save for when you're pretty sure they mean to pull the trigger. For other weapons it's not so good, there are much better ways to deal with someone with a knife or sword. It doesn't work so well for handguns either... but is still better than running away.
I have a couple of other techniques for such situations, but they are not for public forums.

I'd still sooner be the one holding the gun though.