Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workmans clothing.
6 June 2012, 20:37,
RE: Workmans clothing.
I like Regatta J170 Action Trousers /work trousers, I like them because they have 9 pockets, 7 which zip up including 2 large 'secret' pockets at the sides and 1 leg pocket, cargo style. They can be found on Ebay for a snip, Mine usually cost no more than £5 plus p&p and come in various colours. They are cheap because Regatta size these trousers a size bigger than they fit! Hence there are always quite a few pairs up for grabs on Ebay.

Word of warning though, if you get the waist to fit, Simon Cowell style, then you may find the legs enormous!!!

I make some easy alterations to mine which I buy 1 or 2 sizes too large and drop the waist and narrow the legs! I'd definitely recommend them to others as they are very hard wearing! All the pockets come in handy, tactical trousers but not in your face! If you have a sewing machine the alterations are quick and easy to do!
6 June 2012, 23:34, (This post was last modified: 6 June 2012, 23:36 by Timelord.)
(6 June 2012, 16:33)bigpaul Wrote: never had any problem with camo clothing, but then i dont live in a city, around here combats and camo jackets are normal work gear and nobody looks at you twice, if you walked around here in a 3 piece suit then you would get the stares!!Tongue

Maybe not at the moment, but ATSHTF and there are a lot of displaced people wandering about, then it may be different as far as peoples crucial first impressions are concerned...
Regatta is ok if you want cheap. Durable in the field is another matter.
7 June 2012, 08:34,
displaced people will be trying to stay alive not staring at what other people are wearing, i hate people who make assumptions on first glance based on what i look like or what i am wearing, its the person that counts not the clothes he or she is wearing, mind you you'r not going to last long in the countryside wearing a suit!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 June 2012, 08:41,
Maybe at first people won't notice or care what you are wearing but after a while people will start to think about clothes. You either blend it or die. That blending in can be to the background and being hidden or the foreground and being part of the crowd. As I think they will all be turning on themselves I'm looking to the former. I found a booklet on camo from 2008 that shows all the different types. I'll upload it and post a link.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 June 2012, 08:57,
(7 June 2012, 08:41)Skean Dhude Wrote: Maybe at first people won't notice or care what you are wearing but after a while people will start to think about clothes. You either blend it or die. That blending in can be to the background and being hidden or the foreground and being part of the crowd. As I think they will all be turning on themselves I'm looking to the former. I found a booklet on camo from 2008 that shows all the different types. I'll upload it and post a link.

i look forward to that link SD, i dont think clothes in themselves are that important, whether they are camo or green or black i mean, what people will need are clothes that are fit for the job, if you are bugging out into the countryside-like me- you need clothes that are suitable for walking through fields and woods, something robust, hence in my case the combat gear that just happens to be camo," if its good enough for the Army its good enough for me"!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 June 2012, 14:03,
(7 June 2012, 08:34)bigpaul Wrote: displaced people will be trying to stay alive not staring at what other people are wearing, i hate people who make assumptions on first glance based on what i look like or what i am wearing, its the person that counts not the clothes he or she is wearing, mind you you'r not going to last long in the countryside wearing a suit!!

BP I don't think it's the othe r people around you who at the time of an event will be making assumptions about you or any of us based on what you're wearing. The prepper community has suggested that the PTB may likely confiscate food and useful items. I believe they are the ones whose assumptions we need to avoid! I for one will be looking decidedly unprepped and bewildered as usual Angel
8 June 2012, 14:38,
(8 June 2012, 14:03)Bug_out_Bag Wrote:
(7 June 2012, 08:34)bigpaul Wrote: displaced people will be trying to stay alive not staring at what other people are wearing, i hate people who make assumptions on first glance based on what i look like or what i am wearing, its the person that counts not the clothes he or she is wearing, mind you you'r not going to last long in the countryside wearing a suit!!

BP I don't think it's the othe r people around you who at the time of an event will be making assumptions about you or any of us based on what you're wearing. The prepper community has suggested that the PTB may likely confiscate food and useful items. I believe they are the ones whose assumptions we need to avoid! I for one will be looking decidedly unprepped and bewildered as usual Angel
like i've said before in this area camo is standard work gear, so if thats all that TPTB are going on they will be arresting ordinary people as well as preppers. i also dont think TPTB will be going "door to door" to confiscate food, more likely they will be controlling food supplies that go into the supermarkets.