Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comment on SirvivalBlog post - Comment Fire review
10 October 2011, 15:04, (This post was last modified: 10 October 2011, 15:15 by Skvez.)
Comment on SirvivalBlog post - Comment Fire review
Comment on
Pat's Product Review: "Commence Fire" Emergency Stove
From SurvivalBlog

I've long wanted somewhere to comment (vent) on SurvivalBlog posts. JWR doesn't seem to post my comments so I'll post them here instead.

This might be a great *emergency* stove for cases such as saving a severely hypothermic person after they've fallen into freezing water but it's totally unsuitable for the purpose that the poster describes it (heat every night).
It's a stove that is supposed to be used only once although it can be re-used up to 10 or 12 times!
In a survival situation I need a stove that can be re-used for at least 10 or 12 years not 10 or 12 times!
The poster doesn't say what the failure mode is after 10 or 12 times, does the metal warp? Does it fail save or come apart? This would have been a more useful addition to the review than a description of how cold their dog got years before they reviewed the product.

All in all I think this is an expensive product for a very niece market. Most of us don't want this stove.
Letter Re: Obsolescence in American Coinage

The post itself isn't bad but JWRs comments show he doesn't really understand the problems that the dollar suffers from.
The majority of US paper currency is *outside* the US. Held by other countries who use it (ironically) as a stable currency or for black-market transactions.
There are a lot of forged notes used outside the US.
If the US were to change their currency and require these notes to be exchanged there would be a huge amount of currency handed back to be turned into value. Even if we assume everyone wanted them turned into new notes the US would either have to absorb the forgeries or reject them. To absorb the forgeries would be a huge strain on the economy, to reject them would collapse what little confidence remains in the dollar currency.
The dollar is "stuck" and the situation just gets worse.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
14 November 2011, 20:56,
RE: Comment on SirvivalBlog post - Comment Fire review
I think you'll find the us is printing its own forgeries as well, who woulent if they could? print the money get the goods for free.
Money is a modern illusion, Its intrinsic value unless its made from a precious metal is zero. whats a tenner worth ? naff all really,
you can only buy goods with it because the government says you can, when they say you cant you cant.
A lot of prepper sites clain that you should stockpile gold and silver... why? can you eat it no> its got intrinsic value should the world return to normal, if it doesnt your stuck with a pile of useless metal.
I know I wouldnt swap a pack of eggs come shtf for a bar of gold or a million pounds in notes coz its useless.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
14 November 2011, 22:22,
Jim Rawles often leaves me perplexed with some of his viewpoints, and I get the feeling hes not to keen on Brits cos I know a few Brits who have tried to comment on SB and their comments have not been published.

14 November 2011, 23:23,
I don't think it is Brits he is bothered about but the comments.

I've seen plenty of Brits published and to be honest he was helpful to me on the main site. I appreciated what he has done for me.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin