Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultimate BOV
10 June 2012, 10:15,
Ultimate BOV
Lightweight Land Rover. 1976 series 3. Very rugged and good load carrier.
Not currently MOTed and requires a few very minor jobs, Hence I'm only asking £1250. It is fitted with overdrive unit that has only done less than 2000 miles and engine has been rebuilt. This is a proper military vehicle so don't expect any luxuaries!
11 June 2012, 16:23,
RE: Ultimate BOV
(10 June 2012, 10:15)Dorset Lad Wrote: Lightweight Land Rover. 1976 series 3. Very rugged and good load carrier.
Not currently MOTed and requires a few very minor jobs, Hence I'm only asking £1250. It is fitted with overdrive unit that has only done less than 2000 miles and engine has been rebuilt. This is a proper military vehicle so don't expect any luxuaries!

Pics?
12 June 2012, 18:57,
I will get out there with the camera as soon as I can, probably the weekend. If you search for images on Lightweight or Air Portable Landrover then inagine it in sand colour, thats about what its gonna look like. It has a canvas top that is close to sand colour too. Its fairly standard in appearance except that it has a bull bar for the front. It also has a roll over bar but thats only visable with the canvas off. It is great fun for cheap open top motoring if we ever get a summer and even more fun in the snow.
12 June 2012, 23:40,
I wish I still had off road parking. I've just paid out that much for a new front door and windows. Boring. But I suppose we did need them more than a third car ... especially with all the motorbikes and other unfinished vehicle projects as well.

What are the minor jobs?
14 June 2012, 20:48, (This post was last modified: 14 June 2012, 20:49 by Dorset Lad.)
A small amount of welding on the very front end of the chassis above the front spring hangers, both fuel tanks need lining to repair some pin holes (about £40 from Frost Restoration for the treatment) and the brake master cylinder needs either replacing (about £45 from Paddocks) or honeing and new rubbers fitted, then the brakes bled and adjusted. I also have a plug and socket to fit to the rear numberplate cable so the tailgate can be removed complete with the light. I think thats about it.
PS It had a chassis up re-build about 10 yrs ago.
26 June 2012, 13:21,
You managed to get any pics of this yet? I'm kinda interested - just need to convince (tell) the wife that I need another car Smile
1 July 2012, 19:02,
Sorry for the delay. I've been down with lurgy. Will do my best to take some in the next few days.
3 February 2013, 19:44,
I have some pics of this now. Not quite sure how to add them to this thread but if anyone is interested let me know your email ad and I will send them. It has to go soon, I need the space.
3 February 2013, 23:31,
I have one of these. Highly recommended. EMP-resilient, not too flash (would pass as a local farmer's vehicle), excellent off-road, dead easy to fix on the road with basic tools. Spares dead cheap, so it makes commercial sense to buy almost a spare of everything.

Disagree with OP about lack of luxuries though. Mine has air-con (vents under windscreen - controllable, and various draughts through doors - not controllable). It also has an integrated "shower while you drive" bathroom, but only when it's raining. It has a radio, but you can't hear it above 50 mph (which is about it's top speed).

But I love it!

Oh, and it's prepped for power take-off. If anyone knows a source for the adaptor that goes on the transfer box, I'd love to know.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
4 February 2013, 11:07,
(3 February 2013, 19:44)Dorset Lad Wrote: I have some pics of this now. Not quite sure how to add them to this thread but if anyone is interested let me know your email ad and I will send them. It has to go soon, I need the space.

Hi,

yeah, if you could email the pics to Sales@Sids-Surplus.co.uk that'd be great.

Cheers!