Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slug Invasion.
15 June 2012, 06:55,
RE: Slug Invasion.
Doesn't the sticky bands that you can buy for fruit trees stop them? Kenneth Eames.
15 June 2012, 21:10,
(15 June 2012, 06:55)Kenneth Eames Wrote: Doesn't the sticky bands that you can buy for fruit trees stop them? Kenneth Eames.

No they don't work to well.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
16 June 2012, 13:32,
i have heard they dont like salt, it dries them out or something, problem with that is you have to keep redoing it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 June 2012, 06:40,
Yes BP salt is good and so is coarse grit. Unfortuanately, you have to apply more after rain. Beer too, is good but needs to be in a slug trap. Apart from that, you can eat them and snails but need to purge them first. Kenneth Eames.
17 June 2012, 10:15,
Salt damages the soil. Funnily enough it makes it salty and it eats up your stores of salt. Salt is important to us so should not be wasted in this way.

Use natural methods. The best way is to get a chicken for example or pick them and eat them yourself or feed them to livestock.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 June 2012, 18:41,
Many moons ago I grew radishes where salt had been used and after eating them not one 'burp'. A strange observation I must confess, but true. I cannot do it now as I haven't a garden. Kenneth Eames.
18 June 2012, 20:07,
I had a problem with slugs in the garden,there were literally hundreds coming out of the hedges at dusk.I built a perimiter fence and collected all the slugs in the garden over a period of weeks and put them into dog crapsacks and then put them in the bin.I haven't had a single slug in the garden for over a year.

Eating slugs?Have you ever tried them,really?They taste really bad , nothing like snails at all.
18 June 2012, 21:28,
porridge outs kills them. they love them get to fat and blow up. birds eat them so its good, and unlike pellets and crap like that, its cheap
20 June 2012, 20:28,
I did'nt think you could eat slugs, I knew you could purge snails before eating them, but slugs ? however I did find this interesting tit bit

http://witzl.blogspot.co.uk/2008/06/how-...ugs_04.htm
20 June 2012, 20:36,
Thumbs Up  RE: Slug Invasion.
Eat slugs I'd rather eat dog food yuck
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.