Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidden storage help
19 June 2012, 20:26,
RE: Hidden storage help
I did think of that but even the inch or so I would lose across the width of the "shed" is too much too lose as I need to be able to work in there. It's just about three feet across as it is. It was my first thought was to do that, but then I thought it would look very odd compared to next doors cubby shed thing too if they ever were looked into.

I am going to have to be creative and do it with wall paper, paint and coal dust to blend it in.
Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
19 June 2012, 21:49,
If you use coal dust, then everytime you access the store, you will leave visible marks on the surface that will attract the attention of any non clueless looter.
20 June 2012, 07:27,
(19 June 2012, 21:49)Timelord Wrote: If you use coal dust, then everytime you access the store, you will leave visible marks on the surface that will attract the attention of any non clueless looter.

It used to be a coal store, it's very dusty in there anyway.

The Market Stick
20 June 2012, 08:37,
Maybe then just put up one of those firplace brick work sheets over the space then paint all the walls with some latex type paint. From that they will look bricked, like in many garages and it will hide your space.

Consider also that you say it would look strange with an inch missing if compared to next doors. What about the space you are trying to hide? That would be more obvious.

I think I must be part squirrel. I'm always thinking about hiding and, in particulr, burying my stores.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 June 2012, 08:39,
The missing space at the back should be easier to disguise than making what is essentially a coal shed look "nice" with plaster board for no apparent reason.

Next door use theirs for general storage, I use mine for storage and as a mini workshop, I can disguise the fact it's not as deep by a foot and a half.
The Market Stick