Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mildly Sawn Off Cobra Xbow
20 June 2012, 00:06, (This post was last modified: 20 June 2012, 00:12 by Timelord.)
RE: Mildly Sawn Off Cobra Xbow
With my 2ndhand knowledge, I believe that particular design classifies it as a firearm!! Due to the fact it shoots a projectile from a tube/barrel. Someone might be in hot water soon by importing those particular goodies!! remember that ignorance of the law is no defence in this country!! Dodgy
Barrels are a good idea/design but they add a different set of ballistic interference issues when coupled to a crossbow design. Is that prod a strip of springsteel?? If so, then it may in fact have one excellent feature!! Everything else I suspect might be not much better than a BB gun. Close inspection is the only answer.
20 June 2012, 00:38, (This post was last modified: 20 June 2012, 15:57 by Nemesis.)
(20 June 2012, 00:06)Timelord Wrote: With my 2ndhand knowledge, I believe that particular design classifies it as a firearm!! Due to the fact it shoots a projectile from a tube/barrel. Someone might be in hot water soon by importing those particular goodies!! remember that ignorance of the law is no defence in this country!! Dodgy
Barrels are a good idea/design but they add a different set of ballistic interference issues when coupled to a crossbow design. Is that prod a strip of springsteel?? If so, then it may in fact have one excellent feature!! Everything else I suspect might be not much better than a BB gun. Close inspection is the only answer.

Hahaha better get in quick then Angel

Well just to point out they are in fact classed as shot down a tube rail making them legal for the UK, look up Talon crossbows they shoot balls been around a long time in UK market.

As for build I would have thought you got it about right going by my Venom I have here.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
20 June 2012, 08:04,
i did look at tyher mamba, but as it looks very gun like wouldnt it have more to go wrong? i love it shoots 8mm Ball Bearings. so your carrying 1 thing to shoot multi projeciles. just wondering if it could fire 9 inch nails if the heads were cut off as it uses special fletchless bolts. The special fletchless bolts could end up expensive and hard to come by...... what do you think?

and sorry for dragging you into the whole crossbow thing Wink I can see your valid point about the recon, so thanks Smile
20 June 2012, 14:26,
(20 June 2012, 08:04)James Jackson Wrote: i did look at tyher mamba, but as it looks very gun like wouldnt it have more to go wrong? i love it shoots 8mm Ball Bearings. so your carrying 1 thing to shoot multi projeciles. just wondering if it could fire 9 inch nails if the heads were cut off as it uses special fletchless bolts. The special fletchless bolts could end up expensive and hard to come by...... what do you think?

and sorry for dragging you into the whole crossbow thing Wink I can see your valid point about the recon, so thanks Smile

I am backing away from the Mamba and because I think it won't be very good build.

But I am sure it would not be hard to source materials to make your own fletch less bolts.

I am now looking at Talons again but trying to remember why I was put off buying one a year ago, I must have found a negative because after watching the videos again I really want one.

http://www.crossbows4u.co.uk/#/talon-exc...4539171787
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
15 May 2013, 01:08,
This modded pistol crossbow now in the for sale section.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"