Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just found this site...
21 June 2012, 09:07,
Just found this site...
Not sure if this has been posted before.

http://www.solomonsurvival.co.uk/collect...val-knives
Subvert the dominant paradigm...
The Market Stick
21 June 2012, 09:17,
RE: Just found this site...
all very pretty but HOW MUCH DO THEY COST!!! bloody hell ,i use mora knives good blades and cheap£ 10.00 and dont care if i lose it Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 June 2012, 09:26,
mora knives are good enough for most things, and cheap, i have 5, a hatchet and a boot knife. Overkill? No.....
how i see knives as long as the blade is small enough to pack, but got a blade of at least 2.5mm wide, any smaller wont cut wood well. Ok yes i have the hatchet, but its good to have a knife in the pack, one in a vest pocket, and a few hidden just in case. If you but a real good expensive knife your screwed if you lose it... Lovely knives though!
21 June 2012, 09:30,
I have quite a few knives to say the least. I love Mora knives, have a few of them in various places plus some other bigger, more expensive ones. If I ever had one of those ones it would never ever leave my site and the way I am I would still carry back ups and an axe and a saw.

They are gorgeous looking knives... One can dream and hope Santa is kind.
The Market Stick
21 June 2012, 10:12,
I'm more than chuffed with my Cold Steel and Blade Tech blades, affordable and reliable and I would not be suicidal if I broke or lost one.

21 June 2012, 10:45,
just like to add when i say dont care if i lose it i mean will not cry ,i look after my knives to get long life out of them but to me they a just a tool
21 June 2012, 11:19,
(21 June 2012, 10:45)Barneyboy Wrote: just like to add when i say dont care if i lose it i mean will not cry ,i look after my knives to get long life out of them but to me they a just a tool

Same here. There has been only one knife I have owned that I was concerned enough about loosing it that I stopped and eventually sold it. (At a huge profit as well.) And that was one of the Alan Wood Ray Mears Woodlore knives. Beautiful thing, so well made and nice to use, but as soon as he stopped making them they started fetching silly money and so I cashed in and sold mine for twice what I paid for it.

The Market Stick
1 July 2012, 12:14,
Smile  RE: Just found this site...
Hi guys,

My name is Michael and I'm the owner of Solomon Survival Smile. I originally set up the store selling any knives I could, because we needed the money. I soon learned that there are loads of companies that already do that fantastically - Heinne Haynes, The Bushcraft Store, Greenman Bushcraft etc.

So now we are focusing only on handmade survival knives, hence the higher prices.

Ignoring the prices, which knives would you guys be most interested in?

All the best,
Michael Parker

1 July 2012, 13:16, (This post was last modified: 1 July 2012, 13:21 by NorthernRaider.)
BEAUTIFUL cutlery Michael, wonderful for expeditioneers and military guys on active duty, I have been handing and using knives for over 45 years now and ALWAY carry a blade.

I have some very serious concerns and issues with many of the hand made knives available today, all are truly exquisite pieces of work, but many put art before function, anyone who has stuck a pig, gutted a fish, skinned game, split a pole etc knows just how often their fingers and thumbs are saved by a thumb or crossguard, choil or bolster, and all to often many modern custom knife makes sacrfice this vital componant. Functionality must come first.

I mainly carry Cold Steel, Blade-Tech, Benchmade, Gerber type blades EDC and tactically, What I rarely see from the custom knife makes is a good EDC blade that survivalists, preppers, bushcrafters, off gridders etc can comfortably wear and use every day.
OYE who ever is playing with the sigs again please remove that bloody thing you added to my sig, I said a actually laughing skull and crossbones in Black and white, no NORTHERN RAIDER, no gay pink background. I dont mind you playing with the sigs but at least GET IT RIGHT Smile Smile
If your cold, or wet or blood and fur covered fingers cannot retain their grasp on a knife whilse cleaning, filleting, gutting, paring, whittling it doesnt matter how expensive or how much the rare materials for the scales cost..... that knife is an ornament.

1 July 2012, 13:23,
i dont no NR it matches your eyes mateSmile