Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPECIALS AT VARIOUS STORES
6 July 2012, 20:14,
RE: SPECIALS AT VARIOUS STORES
porridge is my favourite food Smile...i eat it every day, go through loads, didnt know it was so versatile though!....i vote we make a porridge recipe list in the food section ^^
6 July 2012, 20:35,
(6 July 2012, 20:14)Hrusai Wrote: porridge is my favourite food Smile...i eat it every day, go through loads, didnt know it was so versatile though!....i vote we make a porridge recipe list in the food section ^^

sounds good defo a food for survival.
6 July 2012, 21:12,
(6 July 2012, 20:35)David075 Wrote:
(6 July 2012, 20:14)Hrusai Wrote: porridge is my favourite food Smile...i eat it every day, go through loads, didnt know it was so versatile though!....i vote we make a porridge recipe list in the food section ^^

sounds good defo a food for survival.

especially if you can make things like milk out of it! and bread Smile....thats a hell of a varsatile foodstuffs!...im going to have to grow the grains to make me some ^^

http://www.theecologist.org/green_green_...rains.html

quite a good article about different grains, also quite a good site in general Smile
7 July 2012, 00:25, (This post was last modified: 7 July 2012, 00:29 by Jan.)
My Mum is Swedish.........Yeah before you ask, she's not your typical blonde either, but many years ago she used to make these amazing cake/biscuits with porrage oats and raisins in........gonna call her tomorrow and get the recipe.....and I may post it, if your all good boys and girls. LOL
By the way its a Swedish recipe, so I'm led to believe
7 July 2012, 09:27,
(7 July 2012, 00:25)Jan Wrote: My Mum is Swedish.........Yeah before you ask, she's not your typical blonde either, but many years ago she used to make these amazing cake/biscuits with porrage oats and raisins in........gonna call her tomorrow and get the recipe.....and I may post it, if your all good boys and girls. LOL
By the way its a Swedish recipe, so I'm led to believe

that would be great Big Grin its always best to get such recipes from traditional sources where they've been handed down or whatever, like the best blueberry liquer recipe is from my late granny

anyway looking forward to hearing the recipe ^^
7 July 2012, 18:37,
Marrowfat Peas 6p a can at Tesco!
8 July 2012, 06:09,
Perhaps we should have a Section of the site devoted to the Kitchen. We could put our recipes on it and cover various other kitchen skills such as Pickling and Jam Making, etc.. Maybe a section on the main site. Kenneth Eames.
8 July 2012, 09:59,
(8 July 2012, 06:09)Kenneth Eames Wrote: Perhaps we should have a Section of the site devoted to the Kitchen. We could put our recipes on it and cover various other kitchen skills such as Pickling and Jam Making, etc.. Maybe a section on the main site. Kenneth Eames.

Sounds like a great idea.Smile

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
8 July 2012, 11:47,
sounds more than great! im definately on board with that Smile
8 July 2012, 19:56,
We do. There is one on preparing food. That is all a recipe is.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin